Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bluffton

Last weekend, Kendra, Janelle, Larissa and I went to Bluffton to visit Vince and Breana.

We drove out Friday night and got there around 11:00 Indiana time.
Saturday, we slept in and drove to the small town of Berne. Berne is a Swiss community with a lot of Amish and Mennonite shops.  We had fun looking at antiques and household goods. It's kind of ridiculous how excited we can get over frying pans and large mixing bowls. :)

The Bluffton yg came over for a singing in the evening. It was a lot of fun and I got to know some really nice girls. They stayed really late playing around on guitars. At one point everyone broke into "The Lion Sleeps Tonight." It probably was one of the best versions I've heard. :) It was quite funny. 

Sunday, we went to church. Every time I go there I am surprised at how huge that building is. It was a really nice day but slightly bittersweet. We had to leave right after church to head home.


Larissa, me, Kendra, Janelle, and Breana

It was such a wonderful weekend. I love those girls so much. It's been a while since I've laughed so hard and stayed up that late just talking. 
The weekend probably contributed to the fact that I got sick Sunday night. I've been coughing like crazy and I pretty much sound like a man right now. I'm not complaining. Sounding like a man is kind of fun. Especially when I can sing like Louis Armstrong. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: