Tuesday, March 18, 2014

and the crazy life continues

Work has actually settled down, but the craziness seemed to shift to our evenings around here. 

The past few weeks we've rarely had a calm evening.
  I went to Brooke's baby shower (which was a lot of fun :) I got to catch up with her and meet little Shanna). Nathan had a church brother meeting the same night which worked out well. 

I got to spend one evening recording for the Zion's Harp project. I have done it before and loved it. It's wonderful to see so many people come together and sing beautiful songs of praise to God.

 Nathan and I went out to Princeville for a chili supper at his siblings school. It was a much over due visit. His Aunt isn't doing well with health issues so we visited her as well. 

We spent one evening at a visitation for Sally F.  Since we were out, we turned it into a date night and went out to eat. 

I got the privilege of taking Cecily ice-skating. She loved it. She wanted to go faster and do "tricky axles." So, I pulled her off the ice and spun her around a bit, which she loved.  I was quite sore from stooping over for an hour and a half. 
Iskates :)

wanting to get away and ice-skate on her own
oh and see those orange cones way in the background. She nearly had a meltdown when I wouldn't let her play with them. :)

'keep going shelly'

Saturday and Sunday, Nathan and I had a group of U of I alumni over. We played games, talked, had a few 'U of I silences', and of course ate food.  We had Greg and Diana over night and Jake got to keep Tristan. 


Sunday morning

 It was great to catch up with everyone and have the group back together. 

 Sunday,  after church, Nathan and I went with Aaron and Kendra to Brittney and Chris A's wedding reception.  It was great to see her and meet him again, but I also got to see Vince and Breana F. and their little guy. 

I'm thankful work has been quiet, or else I may have gone a little nuts. Of course I probably have already anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: