Monday, March 31, 2014

what's in a name?

So, at work part of my daily routine is to check the Commitment Report, which shows the local arrests from the previous day. I check it to make sure none of my clients have been arrested. :)

Anyway, my coworkers and I have a grand time laughing at some of the names.  Below I have listed real names that some real people are really named. Now just for the record- these names are from all different races. I promise. 


Oh, and try to say these out loud. I dare you. 

Females:

Cloryne (...meet Bleach) 
Archissa
Astonishing (Shocking, I'd say)
Brittney Sexione (um, eek what if she was not so good looking?)
Shetoria
Latillery
Latisharaie
Scinquala
Preshus (Eek, I know I can't spell, but at least use spell check before you sign the birth certificate)
JanishaBo
Tetreanna Lascheal
Lasashai
Candreain
Titrasha
Fredtasia (Maybe they were hoping for a boy?)
Datitanna
Shiketra
Shontay (isn't it sad when this begins to sound almost normal?)
Johnnice (what about John not nice?)
Shaniecia Tanyka
Shesna

Males:

Jawaun
Demon  (seriously, you would name your child this!?)
Dicqtric (I still struggle pronouncing this)
Jacari
Dericco
Tyjavious (let's hope he just shortens it to Ty)
Quotae 
Danathe
Quinterius
Tarawa (try saying this)
Bentarious
Dejarual Laquette (yikes, that is a mouth full)
Cassanova (Oh, really)
Ketorius



I hope you have been thoroughly amused. :) Please, please, I beg any future parents to think before you name your child. It may seem cute now, but next too a mug shot...it's like "no wonder they turned out that way." :) tehe

In Christ
~Michelle 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Aw man, but Scinquala and Dicqtric are at the top of our lists! :(

Michelle said...

I was worried about that... :)