Friday, April 4, 2014

We bought a house.

No, I'm not kidding. 

We really weren't looking for a house or planning to buy. We had planned that once our lease was up we'd start looking. Occasionally though, we'd peruse the listings online.  Last Thursday, Nathan emailed me a link to a house, and I fell in love. Not thinking anything would come of it Nathan asked Ron W. (our family realtor) if he knew anything about it. And before we knew, we were going to look at the house on Saturday morning. 

Still, I was not really thinking anything would come of it or that we'd decide in a month or two. When we got to the house at 9:00am we were informed that an offer had already been made on the house and we had only until noon to decide and make an offer. Well, I loved it. Nathan loved it. The location was great. The price was perfect. We were in a tough spot. :)
 Through providence, a few days before, Nathan had set up a meeting with the bank at 10:00am. Nathan and the loan office talked about the possibility while I texted my parents freaking out. 
We met with Ron, signed papers and made an offer. 
By 4:00pm, our offer was accepted. :)

I was slightly, ok a whole lot in shock. 

Here it is!!!! :)
(screenshot from google maps)

For any of you who are wondering, it's 4 bedroom, two full baths, it has a detached garage, a really nice kitchen, and a nice living room area. The basement is not the best, but what can you expect from a house built in the 1920s? We're closing on June 2nd.

I know with just buying a car it seems like a crazy financial decision. But, compared to what we are renting for, we think this is a better decision than renting longer.

God truly provided this house for us and everything about the circumstances is His work. We feel incredibly blessed and excited. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Technically, it's not bought until you sign your life away on many, many, dotted lines....

Michelle said...

yah, i guess, but for all practically purposes, it's going to be boughten

Anonymous said...

Such a cute house!

-Katie Rasmussen

Wendi said...

Cute house! And super excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks so nice--so white and fresh! It sounds like a lot of room!
By basement not so nice what did you mean? Mildew, dirt floor, wet????
love, ak

Michelle said...

Ak- the basement is probably on 6ft ceilings. So, not usable for an extra room or company. It's clean though and great for storage and a little kids play area.

Kyle said...

nice house...now can have cousins over lots:)hehehe