Easter.
1. Friday was absolutely beautiful. I didn't have work (yay!) and so I spent most of the day at the farm doing random things, riding the four wheeler, and helping with the annual Easter egg hunt.
In Christ
~Michelle
1. Friday was absolutely beautiful. I didn't have work (yay!) and so I spent most of the day at the farm doing random things, riding the four wheeler, and helping with the annual Easter egg hunt.
Looking at the cows.
Notice, Cecily has found her way into the trough. :)
And now, she's trying to be like one of the boys. Such a farm girl :)
The hunters
Let the games begin...
look at all those eggs
They must have found a gold mine
making friends
Jenny and I dyed Easter eggs while Cecily found something more exciting to do. :)
2. Rant. *Ahem* I went to Walmart the other day and was totally appalled by the amount of stuff, bunnies, chocolates, chicks, and all assortment of other pink, yellow, and blue springy things labeled as "Easter". I'm sorry that's not Easter. Now I enjoy a few little traditions, but it just sickens me that the Easter Bunny is every where and Christ, the cross, and the empty tomb have all but vanished. Seriously, why are we taking pictures with our screaming children sitting on the laps of gigantic creepy pink bunnies with who-knows-who behind the mask?
(switch out a few things here to Santa and Rudolph and you have my Christmas rant)
3. Nathan and I spent Easter Sunday in Washington church and then the afternoon we went with his family. Thanks to Rebecca (Matthew's fiance) now being in the family, the spotlight has shifted. :) It was a quite enjoyable afternoon and evening with plenty interesting stories and lots of laughter.
4. Let' s not forget what Christ has done. He lives. He took our punishment. It is no longer our life but his. He gave himself for us, let us live each and every day giving ourselves for Him.
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. ~Job 19:25
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. ~Isaiah 53:5
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment