Friday, April 25, 2014

Prayer Request

Please pray for my client. For the sake of having something to call him, let's call him Earl. 

Earl has talked to me a few times about faith.  I talked about him in a previous post. Up until now, Earl has only spoken of wanting to turn his life around or what he knows of the Bible. The other day while I was driving him home, Earl told me this:
E: I don't like to go to church because why should I go and learn about things and then not apply them through the week? I don't want to pretend I'm good by going to church when I'm not good when I leave. 
M: Why don't you try to apply what you learn?
E: I don't know. I know enough of the Bible to know that if I died right now, right this very second, I know I'd go straight to hell.
M: Doesn't that bother you?
E: Yah, sometimes I can't sleep and sometimes I have panic attacks thinking about hell, so I try not to think about it.  
M: But, you know what to do. You know the truth.
E: Yah, but everyone believes they know the truth. I'd like to learn what others believe too. 

He knows. He is so close. My request is that you pray:
1. That he does not seek other religions for truth.
2. That he would humble himself to come to the Truth and Peace he knows is in Jesus Christ.
3. That God would continue to give me words to speak.

His foster parents took him to church faithfully when he was just a little kid. Now, 10 or so years later after he has been in and out of prison, psychiatric hospitals, on and off medications, in and out of foster homes, he's coming back to what he was taught. It is just a reminder to me to NEVER give up on someone's soul. Those foster parents never saw the fruits of their prayers. I may not see the fruits. But, the seed is growing.

Thank you.

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we may not know the fruits, but God will give the increase. May God continue to call and lead Him.