Saturday, August 16, 2014

Warren Dunes

Last weekend, Nathan and I decided to be absolutely crazy. :)  Friday night we hosted an open house for our families and those who helped us get our house ready.  It really was a nice evening. 


a full living room


After everyone left, Nathan and I cleaned up and walked out the door. :) In honor of our first anniversary we headed up to Warren Dunes state park.  

beautiful beach and beautiful weather.

We took a small walk down a creek to the clay pits. Everyone at the beach seemed to want to coat themselves in the grey slimy mud. we decided not to partake.  :)


We hiked up this lovely dune.

The view from up top

:) oh look, it's us. :)

another view down from the dune.

Dad, you should be proud. I made Nathan stop so we could take a picture of the sign. 

We had a fun day at the beach, climbing the dunes and swimming.  On the way back we stopped by the outlet mall. Because, I love some of the stores and their aren't any near home.  We then took a little detour out of the way to eat supper at a pretty good little pizza place somewhere in Indiana. 

It was a great weekend and a lovely way to get out and celebrate. 
And, Thanks again to everyone who helped us get our house together!

In Christ
~Michelle


1 comment:

Daniel & Wendi said...

We just went to Warren Dunes on Saturday! Gorgeous little get-away!