Monday, August 4, 2014

One Year

So, I guess I'm just really terrible at remembering dates. I forgot that today was our first anniversary.  Time really does fly when you are having fun. I can't believe it has already been a year. :)





This is by far still one of my favorite pictures from the wedding


To spare you any long drawn out sappiness- It has been one crazy fun year of bliss. :) I am quite happily married and I believe Nathan would say the same. 

But, to be realistic, and to speak to any who are like I was in my single days: enjoy being single. Marriage is wonderful, yes. But, being single has it's wonderments too. And, if you sit around moping that you aren't married, you'll miss out on all the opportunities to go out for coffee with friends, travel the world, go to young group things, stay up late hours just because you can, and just be relatively free.  Now, granted you can do these things while married, somewhat. And, don't get me wrong I don't miss my single days. I am just so thankful for them.

Marriage has been wonderful, but I think it has been even more wonderful because I went in to it knowing that it wouldn't fix anything and thinking that my life was already wonderful. 

God has extremely blessed us. I am so thankful that I took the step of faith that I did. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: