I've not posted much. Not because there hasn't been much going on, but because I've been so busy there is no time to condense it all into a nice little post. :)
Last weekend, I felt like I ran a marathon (well, actually a 5k would do the trick as well, being as I question the existence of any muscle left on me). Nathan had his friends over for what they call a "Bro. weekend". I think the weekend would be more correctly called "Nerd weekend" or "geekend" but nobody asks me.
The guys are Nathan's friends, mostly from high school, and he still gets together with them regularly. They started showing up around 6:00pm on Friday night and didn't leave until about 6 on Sunday night. They spent their time playing nerdy games, eating man food, and sleeping.
I went Christmas shopping Satuday and played games with them in the evening. One of Nathan's friend's showed up with his wife. She was a breath of fresh air. Literally. (Guys get stinky) :) ha. anyway. She's a therapist, so she thinks way more along my lines. We commiserated together about our nerdy husbands, and took part in some medium-nerd-games.
Really, I had a good time. And, I love letting Nathan let his full nerd out. He doesn't get to do that around me that often.
Sunday, Nathan and I went to church, and left the guys at our house. It was the Christmas program so I got the honor of participated by leading my little pre-k class in singing. They really did a pretty good job. And, I survived.
Our Christmas tree is rapidly shrinking beneath piles of presents! :) hehe. Have I ever said how much I like packages? ;)
Only four more shopping days 'til Christmas!
In Christ
~Michelle
Last weekend, I felt like I ran a marathon (well, actually a 5k would do the trick as well, being as I question the existence of any muscle left on me). Nathan had his friends over for what they call a "Bro. weekend". I think the weekend would be more correctly called "Nerd weekend" or "geekend" but nobody asks me.
The guys are Nathan's friends, mostly from high school, and he still gets together with them regularly. They started showing up around 6:00pm on Friday night and didn't leave until about 6 on Sunday night. They spent their time playing nerdy games, eating man food, and sleeping.
Man food preparations
Tada! Nathan's masterpiece. A very wonderful breakfast pizza.
Games.
I went Christmas shopping Satuday and played games with them in the evening. One of Nathan's friend's showed up with his wife. She was a breath of fresh air. Literally. (Guys get stinky) :) ha. anyway. She's a therapist, so she thinks way more along my lines. We commiserated together about our nerdy husbands, and took part in some medium-nerd-games.
Really, I had a good time. And, I love letting Nathan let his full nerd out. He doesn't get to do that around me that often.
Sunday, Nathan and I went to church, and left the guys at our house. It was the Christmas program so I got the honor of participated by leading my little pre-k class in singing. They really did a pretty good job. And, I survived.
Our Christmas tree is rapidly shrinking beneath piles of presents! :) hehe. Have I ever said how much I like packages? ;)
Only four more shopping days 'til Christmas!
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment