Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Furnace

Nathan and I are getting broken in to homeowner-ship.  We came home from work last Tuesday to an awful grinding sound coming from our furnace. We tried to run it that night to warm the house, but we soon realized that there was no heat coming out.  So, I sent Nathan out after work on Christmas eve to pick up a few space heaters. 

We called the furnace repairman Christmas eve morning and he gave us the bad news.  Due to the holidays and the fact that our furnace is a less common brand, the parts probably couldn't come in until Monday.  When Monday came around, the parts still weren't in. We finally got our furnace fixed yesterday.

I think the coldest it got in the house was 51 degrees. 

The week felt like an adventure and despite the cold there were plenty of upsides. I learned how to use a kerosene heater. We still have a home warranty, so at least it broke down now. It wasn't too cold out for most of the week, so it was a perfect time for the furnace to break down. I got an awesome fireplace-space heater out of the deal. And, It was perfect camping weather in our house all week. :)



see, doesn't it look cozy. 

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Ok I love that fireplace heater! Super cozy!