I counted it up and we went to a total of seven Christmases. The small Wyss, our own, the Braker, the Martin, the Romersberger, the big Wyss, and the Schlipf. We even skipped out on one or two extended family Christmases.
I don't remember last year being quite so hectic but I'm sure it was.
To catch up:
We had the Martin (Nathan's mom's family) Christmas on the 27th.
I don't remember last year being quite so hectic but I'm sure it was.
To catch up:
We had the Martin (Nathan's mom's family) Christmas on the 27th.
Notice the large and strangely shaped grab gifts in the middle?
The Martin's enjoy disguising their gifts.
And, that was in one of the strange packages.:)
On the 28th we hit up two different gatherings. We started out the evening at the Romersberger Christmas and then ended it hanging out with the old U of I crew.
The big Wyss was on the 29th. The big day followed the agenda of most every year. Brunch, games, presents, games, sleeping, supper, and more games.
Finally they took an adult's picture. :)
They didn't do much better than us kids normally do.
Emmy enjoying Kandace and Carli's gift.
a typical scene
headbands
rook, I believe
Loren and Boden sharing a nap.
Now
Then
Now
Then
Now
Then
Now
Then
Honorable mention:
sadly, the 'now' picture of this was too blurry.
On January 1st, we had the Schipf Christmas. It's much more low key and by this time it was refreshing. :) Only the young girls got gifts and we just played games and ate.
The Christmas season is officially over. I love it, but it is very exhausting.
In Christ
~Michelle






No comments:
Post a Comment