Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Huge sigh

Well, the car saga continues.

Last Wednesday, Nathan and I finally got our car back with the side all fixed and lovely.
But. 
The brakes went clear to the floor all the way home.  So, I made an appointment for my car and we took it in Thursday evening.  They replaced all four brakes and did some other mechanic-y things and sent us on our merry way. 

The lovely snowplow-ers of Goodfield plowed in our driveway so I've found my self stuck a few times already.  
But look at how pretty, and shiny, and fixed the car looks!

Then came Monday. Oh, fateful day. Oh, day of calamity.  It began by one of the aforementioned snowplow drivers having to push me out of my driveway. It was filled with DCFS taking one of my clients children, her going into the psych ward, housing assistance being denied for one of my clients, and a marathon apartment search for another.

Monday was made complete with the following:


yah. A car ran a red light. I distinctly remember slamming on the breaks and saying "not again not again" over and over before the impact. 

With in minutes fire trucks and police cars swarmed the area checking me and my client (yes I had a client in the car).  They took my blood pressure, 130/90, and my statement and then I sat in my car for a half an hour waiting for the police to complete the report.

It seems crazy that I would laugh. But, I did. It seems crazy that I would be thankful for this. But, I am. Because, in that 30 minutes that I sat in my car, I learned the reason for both accidents.
Accident #1 to teach me that I can live through an accident.
Accident #2 so that I would have a moment, brought on by a sudden shock, that I could talk to my atheist client about hope, about God, about faith, about healing, and about peace.   He couldn't understand why I wasn't afraid or why I wasn't angry.  And, he asked me point blank, how I know God is real. So we talked. I don't remember many of the details, but before I knew, I was driving away a half hour later, crying with joy that the accident made a tiny crack in my client's shell and that God used me to plant a tiny seed. 

It still makes me sad to see my pretty car looking so beaten up. :( But, I think everyone at work thinks I'm nuts because I can't talk about the accident without a dopey grin on my face. 

It's also slightly embarrassing to recognize your insurance adjuster when he comes to look at your car for the second time in a month. 

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

teresa said...

What an awesome use of the opportunity you were given. God bless that seed.