Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Tidbits and Tales of Woe

We enter December full swing into busyness, stress, food, and all other sorts of things that can leave a person crabby. Or, quite fat. :) 
Nathan and I went to his work Christmas party Friday night.  Nathan doesn't know many people yet, so I was very relieved that the first people we saw when we walked in the door go to church with us. We had a fun evening, Nathan won a door prize, and the food was pretty good. I'm sorry, caterers just can't cook as good as AC women. It's a fact. :)

This week I baked Christmas cookies. :) Molasses cookies, sugar cookies, and what my family calls "point outs" are are by far my favorite cookie.  
He's such a good helper


 
point outs!!!

cookie decorating station


:) hehe

eee!

Ilovethem :)


Some day last week, I was running late for work, and had an encounter with the side of our garage. My poor car is now missing a side mirror. :( 

So, I spent Saturday calling around getting quotes on what it would cost to fix it.  One of the places I called, the conversation went something like this:
Hello, I broke my side mirror off of my car and I was wondering what it would cost to fix it.
Well, it looks like we could order you one online, my lady. 
um, thanks. Would that come painted, or would I have to pay for the cost of painting it too?
I can check, my lady. 
...
I'm not seeing it here my lady, it looks like it would come in flat black and need to be painted.
  Creeper! No man anywhere should ever refer to a woman he's never met as "my lady," unless she is in fact a Lady. Ugh. and from a random dude on the phone at a random car parts place.


AND THEN...
The fated day this week, when I drove my client to school.  As I pulled in to the parking lot, the district food truck pulled away from the loading dock and slammed into the side of my car.
my. pretty. car. :(

yah, I'm sad.  But, It is drive-able and  I am uninjured.


In happier news, packages have been arriving! :) I love packages, even if they aren't for me. I'm like a child, I get so excited. :) I can't wait to wrap them and stick them under the tree. I could giggle with glee. :)

In Christ
~Michelle 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tales of woe...got to empathize with you there. Oh the day I was little when my parents gave away my little blue truck. I almost didn't make it...*sniff*

Jenny said...

Packages are the best things ever!!

Anonymous said...

I ordered a lot online and it was like a celebration every day when a package came. . . and they weren't for me either but for all I love:)
Enjoyed the update through Christmas this eve.
love, ak

Anonymous said...

What are point outs like? How do you get your cookies so beautiful? What is frosting recipe?
ak