I love four day weekends. Everyday feels like a Saturday, or a Sunday, or who knows what day, but it isn't a Monday. :)
Friday, Nathan and I went to his family's Thanksgiving. I think I'm officially a stuffed turkey. His family are all good at cracking stupid jokes and puns. Which makes me laugh. Don't start talking about eggs because they will 'scramble' to 'crack' more 'yolks' and while you might be quite 'white' they will still 'beat' you. :)
I started decorating for Christmas. And, I broke my tradition of not singing or listening to Christmas music until December 1st. It seemed close enough and it would be silly to decorate and not sing.
Last night, I got to serve at Ann and Grant's rehearsal dinner. It was fancy. I wore black and white, served h'orderves with a towel, served from the right, and took from the left. I was glad I got to, because I love the families and I was able to see more of them in one place then I normally get to.
Today was their wedding and Ann looked beautiful. Everything was so classy. I'm so happy for them both. Ann was a role model to me. She was so involved, successful, caring, adventurous, and cool. She traveled all over, did mission work, and still had time to talk to me in church. She was an example of how to not just be content with single-hood, but how to thrive in it. And, when I was back in the stage of thousands of unknowns, she was the example I needed.
Alas, the four day weekend is over.
Well, actually, we should be heading off to cousins night soon. So, it's not quite over. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
Friday, Nathan and I went to his family's Thanksgiving. I think I'm officially a stuffed turkey. His family are all good at cracking stupid jokes and puns. Which makes me laugh. Don't start talking about eggs because they will 'scramble' to 'crack' more 'yolks' and while you might be quite 'white' they will still 'beat' you. :)
I started decorating for Christmas. And, I broke my tradition of not singing or listening to Christmas music until December 1st. It seemed close enough and it would be silly to decorate and not sing.
Christmas tree. :) I just need some eggnog now.
I'm quite excited about this little chalk board.
Last night, I got to serve at Ann and Grant's rehearsal dinner. It was fancy. I wore black and white, served h'orderves with a towel, served from the right, and took from the left. I was glad I got to, because I love the families and I was able to see more of them in one place then I normally get to.
Today was their wedding and Ann looked beautiful. Everything was so classy. I'm so happy for them both. Ann was a role model to me. She was so involved, successful, caring, adventurous, and cool. She traveled all over, did mission work, and still had time to talk to me in church. She was an example of how to not just be content with single-hood, but how to thrive in it. And, when I was back in the stage of thousands of unknowns, she was the example I needed.
Alas, the four day weekend is over.
Well, actually, we should be heading off to cousins night soon. So, it's not quite over. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment