Friday, November 7, 2014

Garden Grove and other things

 I don't like Halloween. *stepping on to soap box* I don't like the creepiness or nastiness of the decor or costumes. Children should not dress up like serial killers or prostitutes.  And, Once you are in high school, I think you should seriously consider if you are too old. However. I love creativity, I love imagination, I love little princesses, and firemen, I love that kids still love those things, I love candy, and I love the friendliness of door to door trick r treating in a small town. There you have my opinion of Halloween in a nutshell. :)
We got a few trick r treaters.  My first time ever to have trick r treaters! I was a little excited.  We had tons of candy left over, which is also exciting. 

Last weekend, Nathan and I went to Garden Grove with the choir. We took a bus with everyone else. It was a lot of fun. 

We had tons of left over candy from trick r treaters so I had fun throwing it at all of the boys in the back.  I played with the Leman kids a lot. :) They're some of the greatest kids I know. I mean seriously, who any more has an attention span long enough to play shadow puppets with me for a half hour? :) I may have enjoyed being a kid again. 

Saturday night we all stayed at a hotel. I stayed up late sitting by the pool with the girls.  Nathan hung out with some of the younger guys. They may or may not have been watching chick flicks :). tehehe. 

The singing went well, the church was very welcoming (though there were more of us), and the food was wonderful. 


the Garden Grove church. 

Despite the puking children, I didn't get the stomach flu, instead, Nathan and I both came down with terrible colds.  We ended up staying home from church Wednesday night and listening to the sermon online. 
:) it wasn't so bad.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: