Friday, November 14, 2014

Friends

The past week has been filled with friends. :) I finally took the time to schedule things and I'm so glad I did. 
Last Saturday, Kaylyn came out from Oakville.  I took her rock climbing with Lena in the afternoon. 

She did really good for her first time. 
I'm so glad we were finally able to get together again.  I had a blast, even if it was only for a day.

On Thursday, I had the young group girls over.  We played games, ate food, pulled taffy, and sang. 

Grandma's taffy





:) lots of wonderful taffy.

How the taffy came to be: 
Thursday afternoon, while I was still at work, I was discussing with one of my friends what wonderful taffy weather it was. So, I got excited and called my grandma to see if she remembered the ingredients needed, if I had them, I could make taffy. Well, grandma must have gotten excited at the idea as well and she told me not to worry about it, she would just whip up a batch for me. :) I couldn't say no to that. 
It was the best taffy I have ever pulled. I've made that recipe many times before, it's just not the same. I have no idea how she does it. :)

Anyway, the girls stayed way later than I normally stay up, but I was having so much fun, I'm still glad. :) 

 I am so thankful for my years in the young group. When I was younger, the older ones always included me and made me welcome. I'm so grateful that I had their examples those first few years. Then, of course as we all do, I got older and my role changed.  I loved those years even more. Watching the younger ones come in, and getting to give back the wonderful experience I had when I was in their shoes.  Those girls became my friends and sisters in Christ and now that I'm married I don't get to be with them as much.  Which is my fault. And, I've learned my lesson that I need to work on that. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) keep up the connections and sharing. So much to learn from and be reminded of at different stages in our lives! ak