Sunday, February 15, 2015

ValenBirthday

Nathan's Birthday happens to fall on Valentine's day.  So, we get to celebrate two things at once. :)
Actually, I'm not a huge Valentine's day fan so it has worked out fairly well.  This year, Nathan and I went out to eat at Basta O'Neil's on Wednesday evening as our Valentine's night out. 

On the day, Nathan and I went to the jail for church services with Randy and Evie. It was our first experience going, and it was a good one. We are both looking forward to going more regularly. 

That evening, we celebrated at home. 
Nathan did good.
flowers, chocolates, pina colada mix, and a wood burner :)
Yes, I now have my own wood burner to start trying cool pinterest projects with. 

roses. eeee :)

table set for two

Lasagna, Nathan's favorite.


Nathan's cake.
Another hobby I'm attempting to pick up.

Aside: Nathan has hobbies. I don't. So, when Nathan does his hobbies, I'm bored.  In an attempt to remedy the situation I got cake decorating gadgets, wedding cake recipes, and frosting recipes from Nathan's aunts for Christmas. I'm trying to take up wood burning. And, if those don't pan out, I'm going to try candle or soap making.  

Anyway, Valentine's day was nice and  Nathan liked his presents and the lasagna.
I decided to at least get a little festive. I have a small chalk board, on which I like to write seasonal statements or spiritual war cries.  I went for more festive this time.

There are as many loves as there are hearts. ~ Leo Tolstoy
:) I thoroughly enjoy this quote. Maybe one of the best examples of why I don't completely buy the whole 'five love languages' thing. 

On a thought provoking note, in my job, at the jail, and in mainstream media we see the effects of people seeking love.  The man who is beating the woman, the woman who is being beaten, the women who have children too young, the sex offender, the drug addict, the person who can't afford the many pets, etc. They all are seeking for, begging for, tearing their life apart for LOVE.  Unconditional, unending, all surrounding, infinite love, that can only come from Love Himself, that can only come from the Father.  Instead they find mock love. Lust, acceptance, the dependence of a child or pet, and desire. Or, they just turn to something to dull the pain, the void of love, so they feel nothing at all.  
It gives me even more reason to share and teach God's love.

 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. ~1 John 3:16  
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. ...  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1 John 4:8, 11 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: