Friday, February 27, 2015

odds and ends

Work has been slowing down a bit, but it still has been pretty crazy.  In the past few weeks, I've been traveling a lot for work.  I actually enjoy traveling. It gets me out of the office and gives me time to relax.  Last week I went to Mt. Carroll and to Quincy.  Mt. Carroll is a gorgeous little town and the drive up is beautiful.  I had been there before with my client, but this time I was alone, so I took the chance to look around a bit more.

The town square is old and has all sorts of cute shops and cafe's 

The court house

I had driven through Mt. Carroll many times before on the way to Apple River and I always noticed that there was an old college.  I decided to drive through it this time. 




I got stuck in the snow then and chickened out, so I left. :)


Troy and Ellie were down last week. Wendi and Daniel had us over for dessert. 
It was a great evening. We are officially to the stage where the amount of conversation is about equal to the amount of laughing at the kids.  I'm pretty terrible too, they look so funny when they are mad. Tehe.  Anyway, My friends are awesome and we had fun. :) 
all the boys had to have their picture taken


their faces were priceless.
look at that lower lip

hehehe:)


Last Saturday was a busy day. We went to my mom's cousin's visitation in the morning.  We tagged along with Jenny, Cecily, and Emmy.  In the afternoon, we drove out to the Braker's. Nathan loaded up a bunch of his stuff and I helped Audrey and the girls knot a comforter. 
That evening, we went to Grandpa Wyss' Birthday Party. He turned 90!  
Grandpa and  Madelyn, she turns 80.

I can't believe that February is almost over. I know it's shorter but, man it seemed to go fast!

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: