This week was a busy week.
Thursday and Friday I sang for the Zion's Harp recording project. I've sung on the CD's a few times before and each time is a wonderful experience.
This week, the 3rd to be exact, was my 10th birthiversary of my repentance. It makes me feel a little old at the same time that it makes me realize how young I was. For it being ten years I still feel so young. I think the more I grow, the more growth I realize I need.
My ponderings on this commemoration:
In recent years God has been teaching me about fear. I have a lot of fears and those fears hold me back from what God has called me to do. I had a fear of marriage, which resulted in a stubborn battle for three months before I surrendered to God. And, I have been so blessed. I had a fear of working with sex offenders and teen males. But, once again when I surrendered my fear and took the job, I was blessed with incredible opportunities to show God's love. I still have fears and they still hold me back. But, I fight them daily because those fears are the fears that "perfect love" casts out. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: becasue fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18.
I't not that I don't still feel the natural fear of certain situations, that I don't realize something is dangerous, that I take dangerous situations lightly, or even that I don't think I'll ever be attacked or hurt. I have just learned that It would be a sin to know good and not do it. It would be a sin to allow fears and self preservation keep me from doing God's will.
God has protected me thus far, for that I am grateful. But, it is not my physical life on earth that I should have fears about, and that I need to remind myself daily. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28
"The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6
In Christ
~Michelle
Work was busy but good. On Tuesday, I drove nearly 10 hours straight. It was also the really icy day. I had to drive to court an hour away with one of my clients. She's facing 4-14 years in prison, so it was interesting. After sitting through court for a while, I've realized that people, including my client, need to learn how to be respectful to the Judge. One woman was so rude that the Judge just started laughing. I couldn't believe that anyone would act that way in court.
I got back from court with my client around 11:30 and left again at 12:15 for Chicago with another client.
Monday night Nathan and I went to the distribution center to sort clothes for Eastern Europe. It's always fun. I love seeing the clothes that are so ridiculously out of style. Some of the things that people donate really should just be thrown away. We had to be pretty picky about what we sent. Only nice, modest clothing met the criteria. If you would never wear it, then those in need probably won't want to wear it.
sorting the clothes.
bagging and baling the clothes to ship out.
one of the best finds of the evening.
What a lovely sweater, right? Totally appropriate to send to Christians overseas.
Thursday and Friday I sang for the Zion's Harp recording project. I've sung on the CD's a few times before and each time is a wonderful experience.
This week, the 3rd to be exact, was my 10th birthiversary of my repentance. It makes me feel a little old at the same time that it makes me realize how young I was. For it being ten years I still feel so young. I think the more I grow, the more growth I realize I need.
My ponderings on this commemoration:
In recent years God has been teaching me about fear. I have a lot of fears and those fears hold me back from what God has called me to do. I had a fear of marriage, which resulted in a stubborn battle for three months before I surrendered to God. And, I have been so blessed. I had a fear of working with sex offenders and teen males. But, once again when I surrendered my fear and took the job, I was blessed with incredible opportunities to show God's love. I still have fears and they still hold me back. But, I fight them daily because those fears are the fears that "perfect love" casts out. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: becasue fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18.
I't not that I don't still feel the natural fear of certain situations, that I don't realize something is dangerous, that I take dangerous situations lightly, or even that I don't think I'll ever be attacked or hurt. I have just learned that It would be a sin to know good and not do it. It would be a sin to allow fears and self preservation keep me from doing God's will.
God has protected me thus far, for that I am grateful. But, it is not my physical life on earth that I should have fears about, and that I need to remind myself daily. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28
"The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6
In Christ
~Michelle



1 comment:
Great catching up on last blogs! ak
Post a Comment