Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring has arrived!

I am adoring this weather.  I love spring and all things warm and sunny.

The weekend of the 8th, Nathan and I went out to Kaylyn's wedding. We stayed at Reilly and Katie's, which was fun. 
Here's a picture of the lovely couple. :)
 I snagged it of of Facebook since I always forget to get a picture myself.

We had a bee's hive on the side of our house and all winter long we planned to take it down. We finally did while it was a bit chilly out still and the bees weren't awake. 

The hive


It's really is amazing how detailed and perfect these things are. 

I finally think I've found a hobby I enjoy. :) i completed my first wood burning project this week.
I used carbon paper to trace on the map, and then burned the outline. 


The completed outline

And the finished project :) 

This past weekend was the nursing home benefit auction.  They always have a bake sale so I took the opportunity to do some baking. Lena come over and helped. It was fun, and for the most part, everything turned out well.
Our evenings accomplishment.


My experiment. A gigantic cinnamon roll.
Kuchen, kuga, kugan .... However you say/spell it. I used a bit to much dough per pan, but other than that it tastes wonderful!

I had an empty Saturday so I spent it enjoying the great outdoors. 
Flowers are spring up everywhere!

I rediscovered the park. It's really nice for such a small town.
 I spent most of my time soaking in the sun on the bench. :)

My mood is pretty closely correlated to the temperature and amount of sunshine. So this was a fantastic week! :) haha.  I think most everyone else is too. People are way chattier and have more energy now that the weather is nice. It also means that my clients at work start to do more crazy things. Which keeps work interesting  :)

So welcome, warm weather, you were dearly missed. 

In Christ,
~Michelle 

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Keep up the wood burning! I've kind of slacked off for awhile...I should start again. And I'm with you on the weather...so nice when we can go out and enjoy the weather