Monday, April 20, 2015

April

It's catch up time again.
  
We spent Easter with my family.  It was a relatively quiet evening. 
Cecily enjoyed the little table mom got her from IKEA.

My mom found some old letters to my great-grandma. This one is postmarked 1907.  We showed them to Grandma and Pearl. Sadly no one can speak or read German because a few of them were in German.

On the 9th, I went with my parents to Ned's orchestra concert. It was combined with the U of I men and women's glee clubs, an oratorio choir, and the chamber choir. It was fabulous. 
My mom counted 200 singers. :) 
  
They sang one of my favorites- Dies Irae, as well as another great- Dona Nobis Pachem, and some poems of Walt Whitman put to music. Some were a little too modern for my taste, but the classics and a few of the others were great.  The final two songs were bible verses put to music and they were beautiful.

We took Ned out for ice cream afterwards. :) It was a wonderful evening.

Other than that we've been working in our yard. Matt kindly tilled our garden and we've been cleaning up our landscaping.
We bought a magnolia tree! I'm so excited to finally have a flowering tree. 


We spent Saturday putting in a brick edge in our landscaping.
We went to menards in the morning and picked up this load.

Mixing the concrete 


It's not done. We still have ~60% left. I'm not a master bricklayer so it's not perfect, but I think with the color and contrast between yard and landscaping it is an improvement. When we get it completely done I'll have to see if I can do a before and after picture.



Though Easter seems like it is long over, it's never too late to say- praise God for His victory over death and sin!


O death, where is thy sting? I grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
1 Corinthians 15:55-57

In Christ
~Michelle 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the letter. Maybe I can find someone here to read German!
ak