Last week was quiet. We mostly sat at home and relaxed.
The other weekend, when we went out to Princeville, Nathan brought back boxes of his old stuff. One, night last week, we started going through it. He had his old year books, pictures, gigantic glasses from his childhood- the poor child, and lots of collections of random things. Nathan has a rather sizable collection of Baseball, football, and basketball cards. So, we took an evening and started sorting through them, with the hope of selling some day.
Monday night, Nathan and I were out for a walk and saw this beautiful sky.
On Tuesday, I took off work, so Mom, Lena and I went up to Chicago. The main reason was, I needed fabric for curtains. There is an awesome fabric warehouse up there and I knew I'd find something.
The warehouse is two stories tall with a basement. Each level has three huge rooms. It's relatively organized by fabric type. At first it's overwhelming, but after walking around for a while I really enjoy it. There is just so much fabric!
We then headed to Woodfield mall. We didn't find much there, but we decided to stop by IKEA. It was my first IKEA experience, and I loved it. I think I bought too much, but it was so cool! :)
Work has been crazy. Here are three words to describe the past few weeks: arrests, guns, investigation. :)
I've said it before. It's never dull. I love my job.
In Christ
~Michelle
The other weekend, when we went out to Princeville, Nathan brought back boxes of his old stuff. One, night last week, we started going through it. He had his old year books, pictures, gigantic glasses from his childhood- the poor child, and lots of collections of random things. Nathan has a rather sizable collection of Baseball, football, and basketball cards. So, we took an evening and started sorting through them, with the hope of selling some day.
my job was to look up online and see if the card holds any value.
This past weekend was a little crazy. Nathan had his friends in for a long weekend because one of them was in the states from Canada. It was also communion on Saturday night and the Easter program on Sunday. It went better than it could have. :) They cleaned up after themselves and they didn't burn the house down while we were gone.
Communion was a beautiful night. I didn't burst out laughing as seems to be my tradition. So, that was a small success. I don't do well with solemn, quiet occasions. Anyway, It was a very uplifting evening. I can't quite capture in words the feeling of communion. There is something about the body of Christ silently standing, waiting, praying, and remembering. There is a connection, a peace, a strength, and a power in that night that is sadly rarely felt within the church. The body of Christ acting as one, as He meant it to be.
The sky just awes me sometimes...
On Tuesday, I took off work, so Mom, Lena and I went up to Chicago. The main reason was, I needed fabric for curtains. There is an awesome fabric warehouse up there and I knew I'd find something.
row upon row of fabric
The warehouse is two stories tall with a basement. Each level has three huge rooms. It's relatively organized by fabric type. At first it's overwhelming, but after walking around for a while I really enjoy it. There is just so much fabric!
more fabric
ribbons
and more ribbon
It was great, and I found fabric. We then headed to Woodfield mall. We didn't find much there, but we decided to stop by IKEA. It was my first IKEA experience, and I loved it. I think I bought too much, but it was so cool! :)
Work has been crazy. Here are three words to describe the past few weeks: arrests, guns, investigation. :)
I've said it before. It's never dull. I love my job.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment