Monday, May 18, 2015

What's in a Birthday?


That which we call a birthday, by any other word would be just another day.
Yah, birthdays are just another day. Oh it wasn't all that bad. Nathan  did a wonderful job of making my birthweek pretty awesome. The day, however was just another day at work and it was rainy and gross. My coworkers seemed to all have crises and left me alone at work, my clients were going nuts, and I was bored at the same time. blah.  Happy birthday to me, right? 

But, like I said. Nathan did awesome. 

Monday, this came in the mail:
hehehe. Yes. I was excited. I've always wanted a cotton candy maker. :)

mmm. it was so good. 

That evening my dad came over and helped us mulch.
check out how nice it looks with that brick edge.

And this is why I love farmers. Who else has a truck like this :)


Tuesday, These came in the mail:
:) my favorite version of Reeses goodness. 
Oh, they are so good.

Wednesday, this was waiting for me on the porch:


aren't they beautiful!?! :)

Thursday, the 14th, my birthday, I picked up Nathan and headed to the mall for a bit. I finally used up one of my gift cards from our wedding. I rarely get to the mall.  We met up with my parents and went out to eat at Red Lobster. :)  Lobster is awesome. We had fun, dad of course nearly spilled the beans that it was my birthday. Thankfully, the waitress did not sing happy birthday to me. 

Nathan went more practical on the gifts this time. He got me a few shirts and a new non-stick frying pan. Not the most exciting, but finally I can make pancakes without losing my mind. :)
Overall, it was a good birthday, but I'm not a fan of getting older.  Not that anyone really is.

Friday,  finished off the week with a sour taste. It was a rough day at work.  My clients are really struggling, and while most of the time I can leave it at work, it's hard to when their frustrations are directed towards me. 

Saturday,  I went to an auction with my mom. She bid on some outdoor furniture for me. 

I need to recover the cushions, 70s yellow isn't really my favorite.

That evening, Nathan and I had some of the young couples from church over. 
grilling up some of the meat. 



The table set, and ready.

My dad's birthday was on Sunday, so after hymn sing, we dropped by and gave him his gift.


wood burned coasters of some of his favorite things. 


So, I'm a year older.  A year wiser I'm sure. ;) haha, I still feel like a 10 year old some days. 

In Christ
~Michelle 


No comments: