Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cousin's Camping

This past weekend, the cousins went camping.

We met at our house Friday evening and drove out to Moraine View State Park. It's one of my favorite campgrounds in the area.

Carli drove! :) She only needs a few more hours.
She did great.

Friday evening we set up camp and ate supper. We sat around the fire and sang a few songs. I pulled out a bunch of glow sticks, which Emmy and Cecily loved.

Setting up the tents




glow sticks around the fire

Cecily enjoying the glow sticks.

Saturday, I woke up to birds. Well actually, I woke up to Trent and Troy jabbering in the guys tent at 6:30 in the morning. No worries, I fell back asleep. :)

a quiet camp in the morning



pancakes for breakfast 
(with bacon and eggs of course)


a game of frizbees on stumps and tables

the group :) 

Saturday afternoon we went out towards the lake. Matt put his boat in and Cecily got a ride. Lena and I got to go with her.
She was so happy.

Matt our fearless captain. 

she got to sit up on the seat

picnic at the park



back at the campsite

I got to take emmy on a walk.
She mainly wanted me to pick her flowers.


Jake fishing

campfire stew for supper

Nathan critiquing the marshmallows

We packed up that evening and headed for home.  

It took a lot of planning, which I'm good at, but I don't really enjoy. But, it was so worth it.  I love the being outside, sitting by campfires, and just plain relaxing. 
It was such a wonderful weekend. I love camping and I have an awesome group of cousins. :)

Hopefully, it's the first of many annual camping trips. 

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the organizing. It sounds like a wonderful time by all.
Enjoyed the news and pics.