Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day

"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."~ JRR Tolkien

This Memorial Day weekend we didn't  do anything really patriotic. Tsk tsk. No parades or red, white, and blue, only a relaxing three day weekend. :)

We had my family over Monday evening. I sent out a text on Saturday. It was pretty last minute for me, so I didn't know what to expect.  Obviously texts work well. I am very thankful it didn't rain because we had a wonderful turn out. :)

cousins on our front porch :)

A full patio 



homemade ice cream


Trent trying his hand at making Cotton candy.


We've had quiet weeks between our busy weekends. Which has been good. There has been plenty of time to work in our yard and garden.  

The peonies are blooming!!!

Ah :)

 In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for update! Wish we were closer to stop in. Ned enjoyed it and said you have a nice home! oom-I can smell the peonies with the great pictures!
love you, ak

Lena said...

Haha, I'm really curious what Ned and I were discussing at that point. We were both using our hands... which looks funny. :)

Michelle said...

You were probably rapping. Lol