Monday, August 24, 2015

Busyness of August

A couple weeks ago Kacie came out for a few days. Which was great. We managed to hang out for a while even though we were busy with other things. 

Grandma celebrated her 87th birthday this month. So we got together for Pizza Ranch and cake at my parents house. 



Kacie had never been up the grain leg, so a few of us went for a climb. 
very grainy but I like it. :)

Trent took a selfie.



My garden continues to go crazy.  :) our water melon plant produced some lovely watermelon.
 The flowers in my strategically placed flower bed are going full force. 

Aren't they beautiful? :)

And more tomatoes... 

Saturday, the 15th, we went to Haley's wedding. Haley is one of my wonderful friends from high school and church.  
Her wedding was lovely, as suspected. :) and, we got to spend the reception sitting with the rest of our friends. Since we rarely see each other any more, it was a wonderful time to catch up and good off:) Katy and I may have sung along with Frank Sinatra and Elvis :) no worries there weren't too many people around anymore. 

Table decor 

The girls

The happy couple

Congrats Eric and Haley! 

The other night, I went over to the farm and did peaches. I'm looking forward to having plenty for the winter. :)

They other day at work, while returning my client to his house, I saw this.
The picture doesn't do it justice. There were five cop cars, lights flashing, police officers everywhere, and tons of people standing back and watching.
I had a mini heart attack. Yeah. My first thought was "no, no, not one of my clients. My client had better not have just gotten shot." 
You know you work with a tough population in a rough area when that is your first thought. Thankfully, it was not my client and no one got shot.
It was just a fight.

This past weekend, Nathan and I spent most of it with his family. 
Some of the siblings came Friday night and spent the night. Saturday afternoon, we drove out to p-ville and spent the rest of the day there.

Working on geometry homework.

David dismantled a computer while some played Qwirkle.

Nathan still reads to his siblings. :) hehe

An early morning game of the Farming Game.

Matthew and Rebecca met us at the braker's house. Little Isaiah came with.:) he's a cute wiry little guy who always looks a bit suspicious. :)


Well, that about catches things up. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: