Friday, Nathan and I left after work for Kentucky. The extended Martin family gets together for a long weekend every two years. This year them met at lighthouse point, Kentucky lake.
We arrived late Friday night and spent Saturday and Sunday there.
Our deck. Perfect for reading in the mornings. :)
A view of the resort. Cabins on the left. Meeting room on the right.
Our cabin was the upstairs of the meeting room.
Quiet morning on the lake.
The light house of lighthouse point.
The marina
Saturday morning breakfast was from 8:00-9:30. The Martin aunts rented two pontoon boats so from 9:30-11:30, 11:30-2:30, and from 2:30-5:15, shifts of people went boating. We got the 11:30-2:30 shift.
Double decker with a slide!

Captain Nathan
We pulled tubes. I gave it a try.
It was fun but more of a relaxing ride across the lake than I'm used to. :)
The other pontoon
Nathan and I went in search of ice cream after we went back to the resort and cleaned up.
It's not too hard to find ice cream :)
Patty's Settlement was right across the road and they have pretty good ice cream.
Supper was at 6:00 sharp and the rest of the evening was games and relaxing.
Neil, Lacy, Lisa and I played giant Dutch Blitz
I love my sunsets
Sunday, we had church in the meeting room.
the Martins
In the afternoon a group of us went to the public beach. Uncle Jim rented a jet ski and I took it out for a bit with Anna.
Nathan and I agreed that there is a difference between organized chaos and chaotic organization. :) The Martin vacation is chaotic organization. Hehe. It was fun. The aunts do a great job of planning things but then it's like herding cats to get everyone at the right place at the right time. You just have to sit back and watch. :)
We left around 5:00 Sunday evening and made it home around 10:00.
It was a short but sweet weekend. :)
In Christ
~Michelle














No comments:
Post a Comment