Tuesday, October 27, 2015

How October passed me by

October is almost over and I really have no idea where it went.  I can't even remember what I've been doing for a whole month to have passed by.   Really, I haven't done much. 

Two Sunday evenings ago, we were at Aaron and Kendra's for potluck.  We have a really good potluck group. We are diverse enough that we have very good discussions. Which I love.  And then at one point two-year-old Gabe brought a spider to show his dad. He had it pinched between his fingers and then let it drop on the ground. It was still alive.  I shrieked. It was a while before I put my feet back on the ground.  I do not appreciate spider season.

Speaking of which. One found its way into my car and made its appearance while I was driving down the interstate. I prayed my way home. It truly is a miracle that I did not drive off the road.  I just stared at the road, bit my tongue to keep my mind off the spider, and prayed that I wouldn't see it until I got safely home. I barely breathed that last two miles of road. I was so tense, my muscles were sore for days afterword. 
That is a phobia. 
And if I am ever found dead, crashed in my car on the side of the road with no explanation. That is why.

A couple Friday nights ago, a few girls came over to ask questions about my job. They were interested in the field and volunteering opportunities.  It was fun. I love to talk about my job, because I love it. Normally I try to keep my mouth shut, but I finally had any excuse to talk all I wanted. :)

Saturday, we worked outside despite the drizzly weather.  We burned off the garden, cleaned up the grill, and cleaned out the garage. Then I cleaned the whole house. :) I love productive days. I had so much more energy than I normally do. 

Saturday night, the song leaders from Washington sang at the Eureka nursing home benefit dinner. I got to tag along. I used to waitress the tables at it every year. I'm so glad I don't have to any more. :)  

My Monday evenings have been filled with practices for the Messiah. :) It's so much fun to sing but so ridiculously hard. It's been so long since I've had to sight read and count to sing a song, I am badly out of practice. 

So, yes, there has been things going on, but my calendar is strangely blank. It's probably good because the holiday craze will be on me before I can blink. 

I probably should be using this time to work ahead on something... but the couch is just too nice. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My life is seeming to go by that way;) Thanks for sharing.