Last week we went over to the farm for a meat-ing... Haha. I don't get the credit for that ridiculous pun, Nathan does. Anyway, my parents had a hog butchered and Noah gave them half a cow so after splitting it all four ways, we still got plenty of meat for really cheap. :)
Pork chips, roasts, T-bone steaks, ground beef, sausage, bacon....
The benefits of being a farmer's daughter. :)
Friday night, Nathan and I went out to princeville. We decided it was about time that we get together with Tristan and Larissa. We took them pizza and got a tour of the house. Their house is going to be cool. It's old and looks like they will have plenty of work. But the potential. Beautiful wood floors, woodwork, and a brick chimney and fire place. :) I've always wanted to build but now I'm wondering if I'd rather fix up an old house. You just can't build character.
We stopped at Nathan's parents for a few hours afterwords. They now have a loom, so I'm hoping sometime in the future they can teach me how to make my own wool blanket. :)

I woke up to this Saturday morning.
Saturday morning began our weekend of singing. We had dress rehearsal for the Messiah that morning. It was the first time singing with an orchestra.
Saturday, afternoon I was actually really productive. I cleaned the house a little, did laundry, and tried out a few fudge recipes. The coffee fudge was not very good. The peanut butter chocolate, though, was amazing. I have a whole 9x13 of it in my refrigerator... Next time you see me I may have gained a few pounds :) hehe.
Saturday evening we went to Ed and Barb's singing shower. I sang alto most of the time to spare my voice. Although, some hymns are just too good and I had to switch back to soprano. :)
Sunday, after church (more singing, of course) we went straight to Morton for the Messiah. It was wonderful. The words, mainly scripture, and the music tell the beautiful story of the gospel from man's sin to our redemption in Christ's death to His glory and power in heaven. It is kind of sad that the Hallelujah chorus is really the only well know chorus from the whole piece.
The performance that afternoon was actually the first time we had sung the Messiah beginning to end with the soloists. I think it went well though.:)
"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." ~I Cor. 15:21,22
In Christ
~Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment