Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving, Family, and Thanksmas

I got a bit crafty the other week and made a Fall/Thanksgiving painting.  I had fun. 
I think it looks quite nice.:)

 Wednesday evening, I did some baking for Thanksgiving. 

Apple pie.:)

Two pumpkin pies.  :)
The leftovers made small pies. 

The apple pies ended up boiling over into the oven.  I put a cookie sheet down, which didn't hold the juice, which ran over and down into the oven. The house filled with smoke and the smoke alarms went off. The joys of a gas oven with actual flames. 

We went to the Braker's (Martin's) for Thanksgiving day.  We went with them to church and then back to their house for the day. There was more than enough really good food. :) 


Turkey, stuffing, squash casserole, potatoes....

Pie!

Mr. Isaiah was also present.
 He enjoyed accidentally taking selfies with my phone. 


Friday, I spent the day cleaning and baking some more.  
I stepped out on to the porch and heard a crash. I looked over and this guy was sitting in my yard:

He stuck around for a bit, but ran off when I tried to catch him. 



Apple cider doughnut cake. 

Attemp #1 flopped. 
I didn't dust the pan in flour first. 

Attempt #2 was much better. 
And I got to eat attempt #1.  :)

Friday evening, Nathan's siblings came over for the night as a midway point for Saturday's Thanksgiving/Christmas Drayer reunion. 

Nathan read children's books to his siblings...:) like the old days. lol

They all spent the night.  We don't have enough beds so some slept on the floors. Ten people in the house, is not quiet either.  There was plenty of piano playing and other noisy activities. It was quite the house party.  :)

Saturday, all ten of us loaded up and headed to the reunion.  There was once again tons of food that stayed out all day. The main meal was lunch and the rest of the day everyone just scavenged. 
We played a long game of bingo with tons of prices for the winners. Every one one at least once. I think I got a lucky card because I got 4 Bingos.
The awesome old fashioned bingo card. 

After the reunion, Nathan and I went home and crashed. I think I had met my limit of socializing. :)

It was nice to have a long weekend away from work, but I'm wishing I had another day or two. Or maybe a whole week. :)


In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Pies look awesome!
Your sign turned out great. (looks like a gift idea to me)
Ned was awed by the special finals box. Thankful as his mother isn't up on things;)
love you, ak