Saturday, December 12, 2015

December

Lena, Jenny and I got together one evening a couple weeks ago to put together college care packages for Kacie and Ned.   The end of the semester at college is always hectic so, we decided to send them some fun goodies. 

The goodies :)

We decorated for Christmas last week.  So now all the house is missing is the wonderful smell of baked goods. :) That will come though.

My manger scene. :) 
I love it. 

   

I had some fun with paint and made my shutter look a little more festive. 

    
The tree! 
I love how cozy it makes the room feel. 

I had an extra canvas from a project gone wrong a couple years back, so I decided to repaint it and turn it into something Christmas-y. 


I'm not completely satisfied with it.  But it works. 
The manger scene at the bottom....I just couldn't figure out what to do with that space. 


And of course, I can't leave out: On December 2nd, I became an aunt for the fourth time. :)   He's the cutest little guy.

Jack

Since I work about two blocks from the hospital I asked Matt and Lena if I could come by to see him They said I could so I got the honor of being the first one to see him! :) (They could have said no)

December 4th,  Nathan had his work Christmas party, so we went.  It was boring. The new CEO talked and I think all CEOs learn the same speech. Just a lot of "this is the group of people that are going to make this company great" and "everyone and every division is the best" blah, blah, blah, money, profit...  
hehe. anyway. It was a free meal. 

Last Sunday, we went Christmas caroling with the church. My favorite part is the meal afterwords. Sloppy Joes.  Something about 20 different recipes mixed together in roasters just makes them the best sloppy joes ever. When I was a kid, I'd eat 2-3 on caroling night. :) I cut down to two this year. 
(Jenny, I know you think they are gross, but you are wrong :)) 

Wednesday night, Ed and Barb got married.  The church was packed, which was odd for a Wednesday night. It was such a sweet wedding. 

Last night, Nathan had the Body Builders (5th-8th grade Sunday School boys) over for a game night. I hid upstairs most of the night but they seemed to have a good time. At least from the volume level. :)

Today is one of the last quiet days before the holiday madness begins. I'm soaking it in. 

In Christ
~Michelle



7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sloppy joes are not caroling food! We had Chili this year and a hot chocolate bar and it was amazing. Soup is for caroling, not gross greasy sandwiches! So there.

Heidi said...

I'm with Michelle on this one. Sloppy joes are amazing.

Heidi said...

I'm with Michelle on this one. Sloppy joes are amazing.

Anonymous said...

We have chili/soup supper but I love sloppy joes. Must be amazing to mix together! Ak

Anonymous said...

Counting your nieces and nephews, I count three (Cecily, Emmy, & Jack), not four. Is there one I've forgotten?

Jenny said...

Barbeque is for barbeques. They're summertime food! It's just not good caroling or winter food. So sorry, you're still wrong. :)

Michelle said...

Isaiah, Nathan's brother's little guy.