Thursday, July 7, 2016

Morris


The last weekend in June, Nathan and I went up to visit my cousin, Trent, in Morris Minnesota.

Trent is up in Morris for the summer interning at a huge cattle ranch/farm.  I've never been to Morris so we thought we'd try to make it a cousins trip. Well it turned out no other cousins could go. Coincidently, some of Nathan's family were heading up to Minnesota to visit his cousin the same weekend we wanted to go, so we ended up taking a van load.

We left Friday after work, around 4:00 and arrived at Nathan's cousin's house around 2:00 in the morning.   We crashed there, had breakfast with Brent and Melinda (Nathan's cousin) and then met up with Trent and Fred and Di.

Trent took us on the tour of  Riverview Dairy.  It was actually very cool.  I like cows better than pigs. Maybe because I grew up dealing with the latter. :)




cows



They all wanted to say hello


the Wyss's
We all had to wear those cool vests.

the milking parlor
The milking parlor was probably my favorite. The cows walked on, road around in a circle, and got off.  It was hilarious. They seemed to enjoy it and stood there so patiently. 

baby cow :) 
(yes, yes. calf, I know)

Row upon row
Look at all the calf huts


In the afternoon, we relaxed, took naps, and went to the Metzger's lake for a swim.


beautiful view

We spent Saturday and Saturday night at Dick and Gail's. They are my Dad's cousin's and where Trent is staying.



They have a beautiful back yard.


We drove around Saturday evening.  Minnesota has some gorgeous county side.



Saturday evening, Blair and Julie (more relation :) ) stopped by and we got to catch up with them as well.

Sunday, we went to Morris church. It was a big Sunday and a lot of relatives and friends were there.  We had a good time :)


We left after church on Sunday, met up with Nathan's siblings, and changed at Brent and Melinda's.  We were on the road at around 3:00. The GPS took us a winding way back, avoiding Minneapolis.  But, we ended up not getting home until about 1:30 am.  Monday was a rough morning, but it was worth it. :)


I'm glad we took the time to go up there. It was fun to see Trent and see what he's doing and I'm not sure when in the next couple of years we are going to have the courage to drive that far. ;)

In Christ
~Michelle






No comments: