With Jenny and Kendra both having baby's, I spent one evening making food. Jenny had suggested breakfast foods so I decided to make a bunch.
Ingredients for breakfast burritos
making crepes and sausage
The final results. Breakfasts for days :)
And of course we had to make some for ourselves.
peach crepes on a Sunday morning :)
Nathan and I decided that it's kind of silly that we never have extended family over. So, we decided it was about time, and hosted the Martin family on the 3rd. Our plan was to use our back patio and have a picnic outside. The Martins are a large family.
Fresh flowers in preparation for the tables.
Well as the 3rd approached, the weather looked more and more ominous. When we woke up Sunday morning to rain, I kept myself calm buy planning just how much furniture would have to move to fit 35 people into our house.
Some of the guests joined us for church and then got to watch us find the most efficient way to pack everyone in.
the dining room
Living room
We even set up a table in the office.
Nathan grilled the burgers and hotdogs
We had plenty of food.
It started getting tight once people began arriving.
We did it though. We managed to feed and seat 35 people in our house. And, they all seemed to have a good time :)
It wasn't raining, but it was still chilly, so most of the kids went outside after supper.
Nathan's Dad and I busied ourselves making icecream :) Our freezer (borrowed from my parents) didn't ever get hard, but the Braker's freezer and our kitchen aid did.
In progress
perfection
We really had a good time and I think everyone else did too. They stayed late, ate plenty, and talked a ton. :) I really enjoy hosting. I think it fits me well. I'm slightly ADHD and can't sit still, so having an excuse to barely sit down and yet be around people, is perfect. And, once they leave, you are already home, no long drive necessary.
Monday morning, we went to Bob and Jenny's to meet baby Cadence.
Nathan and Bob worked on a board game. With the help of Cecily.
Playing the game:)
I got to hold Cadence. One of the top 3 cutest nieces ever.
Nathan and Cadence.
awww :)
That evening, the 4th, we went to the riverfront with Nathan's Aunt and sister. I decided that this was probably my last year for a while without scared little children. So, since I've never been to the riverfront before, we decided to brave the crowds and go.
The atmosphere has much to be desired. It's extremely crowded and loud. The people around you don't seem to care if you don't like profanity or smoking. The bathrooms are a long walk and a long wait. Not a fan.
But, then the fireworks.
They were so worth it. They lasted a long time and were constantly going. We were right up on the river right in front of the barge where they shoot them from.

weeping willows are my favorite
so many colors :)
Baby B didn't seem to enjoy them though. Once they started, baby didn't stop moving.
Eureka's fireworks are great, but these are definitely the best I've seen.
Kendra had her baby! :) Adelaide Rose. She is super cute. I didn't get a chance to meet her until the 8th.
She's so sweet :)
For some time now, with nieces and nephews, and now our own child on the way and the possibility of foster kids, we have needed toys. Desperately. So, when I was perusing Craigslist, I came across a cute little kitchen set, and we had to buy it.
:) It's it adorable?
It came with food and dishes
I have been desperate for sunshine and a pool. I can't believe that It's already mid July and I've only been swimming twice. So, after many attempts at other options, I resigned myself to a kiddie pool at the farm. And, since I don't want to look completely ridiculous, mom and I pretty much forced my nieces to join us. Lori and Cliff came later as well.
:)
After working inside 40 hours a week, even this was a luxury...:) well sort of.
All the heat and the rain has finally made our garden officially explode. The flowers are blooming and we have way more squash than we know what to do with.
Flowers!!!!
One night's pickings
Nathan and I have been pretty lazy in the evenings. Except for plenty of long walks and me forcing him to do prenatal yoga with me :) I even helped mulch one evening.
Despite the relatively high level of activity and exercise, I have gained weight and lots of it. In fact, I got a fun lecture from my doctor, which left me slightly self conscious but even more annoyed. I'm not supposed to eat fried foods, or too much sugar, I need to take regular walks... etc. Psh. I feel like I've been stuffing myself with fruits and veggies and been doing very little sitting on the couch. Yes, I've gained a lot. Yes, it is mostly not in my stomach area. I don't know what to tell you. I feel healthy, I'm not eating any more than usual, I have plenty of energy, and I'm actually more active than I was prior to getting pregnant. So, if I've gained extra weight, obviously my body and metabolism think I need it. So there.
So, if I hear "you are eating for two" one more time...
I've passed the 24 week mark, creeping up to 6 months, and everything seems to be going well still.
In Christ
~Michelle


























2 comments:
I am hoarding all the breakfast for my very own.
If it makes you feel better, I haven't gone swimming at all this summer. :(
I'm eye rolling at your doctor... maybe you're actually hydrated for a change? Or some weeks your weight just jumps and then it holds steady for a bit? Or your shoes were heavier that appointment? Or their scale needs recalibrating?
Eating for two irritates me so much... you need 300 extra calories when you're pregnant, 500 when you're breastfeeding. *I'm* eating for two, but people expect me to be dieting or something.... um, no. I'm going to eat and actually have a decent milk supply thankyouverymuch.
What awesome fireworks pictures! I haven't mastered that yet.
I was happy to see Adelaide!
Post a Comment