Friday, July 29, 2016

We've been lazy

Yup. Pretty much.  We've stayed inside in the evenings as much as we can the past two weeks. Occasionally venturing out for walks and to check our ever exploding garden. I have never seen tomato plants so large in my life.

The other day while running around at work transporting clients, I noticed the tire pressure drop.    When I got out to check, I noticed this:

Yup, a screw in my tire.

I made it to a gas station and filled the tire with air and then watched the pressure when I drove.  It was a slow leak so I was able to go a couple of days.  My dad suggested a tire place to go to, so finally one morning, I took it in. 

Long story short: After realizing that the owners of the tire place looked extremely familiar,  noticing a Bible amongst the manly-tire-place magazines, and stalking facebook, I realized that one of the owners happened to be my bosses dad and my cousin's uncle.  I started giggling and rapidly texting my dad "why didn't you tell me...?" 

My boss thought it was funny. :)


My coworkers threw me and two other pregnant coworkers an awesome baby shower. 

The conference room all decorated. 

The cake was amazing!

my presents :)

Getting baby gifts is so much more fun than wedding gifts. 

The church had it's annual Sunday School picnic a few Sunday's back.  My contribution was puppy chow.
The best ever.  I ate too much.

Like I said our garden is continually exploding. We found this monster one evening: 
Thats a cucumber.

It is a jungle
One Friday, an old coworker of mine came back in to town and went out for lunch with us. 
She gave me a really cute baby gift:
:)

After being so lazy and unproductive, I was getting quite stir crazy.  So, on Saturday, I made Nathan work on a project with me. We started making the bench for our kitchen table. 

I sanded all of the boards

Nathan worked on figuring out the lengths of the legs.

Seriously, the amount of time and math and guessing it took to get the legs to be the right length and angles was ridiculous. 

That afternoon, I headed to the farm and helped my mom and Jenny do corn. The girlies were there, so I spent an hour entertaining them with the kiddie pool. 



lots and lots of corn.

A big bowl of corn.

Nathan and I have been gorging ourselves on sweetcorn. I don't get tired of it, the season is over too quick. 

Other than that, we've started taking an online birthing class. It's exciting. :)  I'm such a planner and I want to know as much as I can, so I've been reading articles, watching births, and researching about every aspect of birth.  As things typically go, it probably won't go as planned, but the more I know, the less nervous I am.  And if that get's me up to the birth with out freaking out, I think it's worth it. 


Work has been absolutely crazy lately. I've been working over time and still can't seem to catch up.  All of my clients seem to be having one crisis or another at the moment.  Even though I'm completely stressed and exhausted, I go away still completely loving it!  God knew exactly what he was doing when he decided to change my plans and stick me in this career.  It's making the decision for post-baby even more difficult. (prayers appreciated)


In Christ
~Michelle


No comments: