The first week in August we headed south to Kentucky Lake for the 30th annual Wyss Family Vacation. :)
We left around 10:00 in the morning Saturday and ended up catching up with Fred and Di, who had left long before us. hehe. They did make a few more stops than us.
We got to the resort right at check in.
The view from our cabin
Matt and Lena shared the cabin with us for the week.
Jack enjoyed swimming
Eva and Emmy
Eva's family comes to the resort every year and we've gotten to know them a bit.
Our days seemed to follow the same itinerary. Nathan and I would try to get down to breakfast early. We'd head out on a walk for about a half hour and then relax at the cabin until I decided it was late enough to head to the beach. Nathan spent most of the time indoors playing games. And, I tried to get as tan as I could. :) Supper at 6:00 with wonderful food, followed by old family videos, games, or movies.
We are getting old. I could barely stay up past ten, but by the end of the week I pushed myself to spend more time with the cousins.
Beach time
enjoying that fudgsicle
Emmy was very pleased with her cheese cake
nerdy games
A butterfly on our morning walk.
Nearly everyday, a thunderstorm would roll through. It was a mad dash at the beach to gather up all the stuff and kids and make sure the rafts and floatys weren't going to blow away... it was quite hilarious to watch I'm sure.
waiting out a storm on our porch.
Matt took us out on Ron's boat.
selfie with Emmy
I'm not sure what they are doing, but this is classic.
Emmy, Boden, and Cecily
On afternoon, Matt and Lena and my dad went to the General Store with me. Someone on the beach had recommended the place, so I convinced them to go with me. "Huge wall of pop" didn't take long to convince me or them. :)
mountain man
Look at all that bottled pop!!!!
I took way too long deciding
In honor of the 30th, I was encouraged to make t-shirts. It didn't take too much convincing since I enjoy doing it. It's the gathering of sizes, collecting money, and all that fun stuff that makes it stressful.
Aw.
sadly they don't have maternity shirts, so it's not very flattering.
The whole family :)
cousin selfie!
Due to my delicate condition. hehe. I couldn't do any tubing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding, or cliff jumping... and as I get rather bored of just laying out, a group of us decided to go to a water park one afternoon. There were a few slides that specifically stated I wasn't allowed to go down, but I went down the others. :) It was worth it.
I took pictures of my cousins while I sat out.
I joined a boat load headed to the cliffs one day. I took a floaty and enjoyed the water and watched the rest jump.
Go Kayla!
Cliff. Living up to his name :)
The week was over before we knew it. I miss the sunshine and the family. sigh.
Now we are back to the usual grind of work, gardening, mowing, projects, and birth classes. :)
In Christ
~Michelle


























No comments:
Post a Comment