Monday, October 10, 2016

David & Jessica, Ava, and the beginning of October



September ended with the general business that has been filling our lives these days.  Hospital tours, finishing our online birth classes, meeting with our doula, keeping our house in relatively clean conditions, baby showers...


I left work early one afternoon and headed to the farm.  Jenny came with the girls and she helped me with the baby quilt I want to make. Mom watched the girlies so we could sew.

I found the quilt online and fell in love. Of course it was already out of stock, so I asked Jenny how hard it would be to make.  Thankfully, she knows what she is doing.

making the quilt blocks


emmy washed dishes..hehe:)

Cecily was entertained by Donald duck.

Yah, I don't sew much. It took me forever to sew a couple blocks together. Jenny probably ended up sewing the majority of the quilt, since she kept fixing my uneven corners.


We got the top all pieced together! :)

We had a bit of fun catching a frog.  I thought the girls would like it, but I ended up almost setting it loose in the house.  There was lots of screaming.
poor little froggy

Nathan's brother David got married on the 25th. 

We went out for the rehearsal dinner on Saturday and stayed with Reid and Tiffany over night.
They got married on Sunday. 
Nathan's family is in danger of exploding...

We are now a family of 16 (+ 2 on the way)!



At the very end of September, I had my church baby shower.
they themed it "Jesus loves all the children of the world"


The hosti

Jenny gave the best/nerdiest gift :)





mwahaha.
People think we are crazy

So, I didn't get much for baby clothes, because we don't know what we are having.  So, I had a minor panic moment and ordered a bunch of basic neutral baby clothes online. Then I found two large boxes of clothes from garage sales and hand-me-downs from Lena...


I shouldn't have worried.
I think we have plenty of clothes.

Matthew and Rebecca had baby #2 on October 1st.  So, I'm an aunt again. :)


Ava Louise


The following Saturday, I had my friends baby shower. Pretty much an excuse to get together with some awesome girls :)



playing the diaper/chocolate bar game.


Thanks Wendi for hosting!
and to all of my other wonderful friends, for helping and giving me awesome things :)


I stopped by Menards and finally got myself some fall flowers for our porch.



random neighbor kitty likes my mum.

That evening, we went to Nathan's 10 year class reunion. We were one of 4 original classmates to show up... We had fun anyway.


One evening, Nathan set up our crib.


We were babysitting Jack...
he liked the cloth diapers :)


playing :)

The baby's room is pretty much ready to go!

Saturday morning, I made waffles.
they were so pretty I had to take a picture.

I took most of Friday off and we had Saturday free, so I took the opportunity to work on a few more projects.  One of the many projects on our to-do list was to deep clean the house. I started in the kitchen and I'm glad I did. While cleaning under the sink, we discovered this:



The drain pipe wasn't even connected!

The whole under-sink area was water logged, warped and gross.  My dad stopped by that afternoon and had it fixed in a few minutes.  yay for dads :)

My mom spent the afternoon at our house too.  She helped me repaint the "pink room".
The original color



The new color is "Flotsam"  a lovely grey/beige

Nathan worked on building our fire ring. I'm hoping to get a fresh s'more before baby comes. ;) I'm weird.

He did a pretty awesome job.


I finished up the painting in the evening. it's a much more neutral color now. So, when we get foster children, or our own child grows up and moves into this room, we won't have to repaint.

It looks so fresh

our toy corner


my little office area


Three weeks to go. Theoretically.  ;)  On average first time mothers, with no complications, go an average of 41 weeks, not 40, so most likely I've got a strong 4 weeks still.


To answer the many questions/comments:
I'm still feeling great.
Baby is doing good.
No, I'm not really counting the days...I guess weeks, yes. 
I'm not overly ready to have the baby. I mean I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I'm not all antsy and impatient.
No, actually,  I'm not nervous about birth. Nathan is super supportive and I have an awesome doula. :) And, what good does worry do anyway?
Yup, my life is going to change, but that was kind of the plan. ;)
No, we still don't know what we are having.
Yes, we have names picked out. No, I'm not going to tell. :)
And...yes, I plan to return to work. Gasp.  I know that's not the norm, and I've gotten a lot of varied responses, including some pretty negative ones. But, both Nathan and I have prayed about it and agreed that this is where God wants me right now.


In Christ
~Michelle


No comments: