Well here we are again
the same old shape we're in
Are we in love again?
or have we always been?
Ah, the Statler brothers.
Anyway. Poor, poor Gideon.
Gideon seemed to be getting sick again over the weekend and he got really bad on Monday.
Poor Nathan. I may have had a melt down. The thought of going through it all again. I feel like I'm walking a tight rope mentally and emotionally right now.
So, we went back to the doctor on Tuesday. He was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis again. The doctor thinks he caught a different strain. sigh.
Tuesday evening, Gideon spiked a fever. It stayed high all through Wednesday and slowly went down on Thursday. By this afternoon (Friday), I think we can say he is fever free.
But, he's still wheezing, breathing really hard, stuffy, and coughing a ton.
Oh the coughing. I'm getting better at catching the puke but I still had to do laundry earlier than usual. Thankfully my mom has come over a few mornings to assist. She got to clean up the rocking chair after he completely soaked it.
He has now been in some stage of sickness for over two months. The poor kid. He won't know what to do when he's healthy.
Because we're exhausted and sick of jumping up at night, Nathan and I decided to move Gideon into our bed. We lined his bath seat with a comfy blanket and stuck it in bed with us.
the same old shape we're in
Are we in love again?
or have we always been?
Ah, the Statler brothers.
Anyway. Poor, poor Gideon.
Gideon seemed to be getting sick again over the weekend and he got really bad on Monday.
Poor Nathan. I may have had a melt down. The thought of going through it all again. I feel like I'm walking a tight rope mentally and emotionally right now.
So, we went back to the doctor on Tuesday. He was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis again. The doctor thinks he caught a different strain. sigh.
Tuesday evening, Gideon spiked a fever. It stayed high all through Wednesday and slowly went down on Thursday. By this afternoon (Friday), I think we can say he is fever free.
But, he's still wheezing, breathing really hard, stuffy, and coughing a ton.
Oh the coughing. I'm getting better at catching the puke but I still had to do laundry earlier than usual. Thankfully my mom has come over a few mornings to assist. She got to clean up the rocking chair after he completely soaked it.
He has now been in some stage of sickness for over two months. The poor kid. He won't know what to do when he's healthy.
Because we're exhausted and sick of jumping up at night, Nathan and I decided to move Gideon into our bed. We lined his bath seat with a comfy blanket and stuck it in bed with us.
Such a little stinker.
He had 102 degree temp at this point. Still smiling. :)
let me eat it!
enjoying his crib while I attempted to get something done.
those eyes. :) :)
Backtracking a bit...
We did have about a week of a slight reprieve. He was still congested but was obviously on the mend.
Last Wednesday night (February 1st), I got creative for supper and made a tip roast in the cast iron skillet. Because it was so huge, we had Grandpa and Grandma over for supper before church.
That Thursday, I headed to the Braker's for the afternoon. I helped knot a comforter while they enjoyed Gideon.
He got even more attention once school was out.
Last Friday evening we went to potluck at Lloyd and Martha's. Lloyd had us go around the table and tell stories about our lives. Most of the evening was spent listening to Lloyd talk about his child's death and Judy about having Polio. I am so thankful for vaccines.
Gideon's 111th day was on Saturday. We celebrated in the spirit of Biblo Baggin's eleventy first birthday.
We love our little hobbit
#theycomeinpints?
#imgettingone
look at that smile :)
I will take it! I will take the ring to Mordor!
Hehe. Thanks to our LOTR trivial pursuit game. I had the One Ring.
Mine. My own. My precious.
:)
*Cough* Anyway.
Due to the aforementioned sickness, this week was a lot less eventful than the previous.
I'm getting so stir crazy.
It's a good thing he's worth it ;)
Hi there!
Yay! no more fever.
This too shall pass. Right?
In Christ
~Michelle














No comments:
Post a Comment