Friday, February 24, 2017

Is it spring?

Where to begin?

Nathan and I we out to eat for his birthday and Valentines Day.  I dropped Gideon off at my parents and picked Nathan up from work. It was the first time I've been away from Gideon! It was really nice :)
We went to Biaggi's.  It's pretty much the best restaurant. 



Creme Brulee

He did good.

Poor Nathan. With Gideon being sick, I kept forgetting to actually order his birthday gifts. And, since Nathan has Amazon Prime with free two day shipping,  Nathan ordered his own presents. 

I'm loving this weather.  Global warming or not, I'm not too worried about the earth melting at the moment.  It's been so warm and sunny!

My Christmas gifts are blooming:



so pretty

Ever since we moved in to this house we've had issues with our water.  It has so much calcium in it that it's clogged the ice maker in the freezer and the dishwasher really never got the dishes clean.
Well, I finally checked the dishwasher and realized that it too was nearly completely clogged with calcium. Thus began an evening of dismantling the dish washer. :)  Nathan got to hold Gideon while I went at it with a screw driver. hehe. #stubbornwysswomen

dismantled and soaking in vinegar

 before:
after:

And like that, our dishwasher now does a much better job! 


The other evening, we watched Jack for Matt and Lena.  We had fun.
  
Playing with the rough draft of what will be Gideon's crib mobile


Grandpa Wyss turned 92!
Sunday evening we celebrated at the condos with good food and a taffy pull.



With the warm weather has come many wonderful walks. We joined Lena and Jack one afternoon. 

Charlotte got to come too :)

Not so sure about the wind in his face

sitting out on the porch :)

Monday evening Nathan and I went out to the Braker's.  We were given a comforter last Christmas and so we spent the evening knotting it. 



Gideon is now 4 months old!

A selection of our photo shoot:




  


Tuesday we went to Gideon's 4 month check up.  He charmed everyone with his chattering and squealing.  He was so excited and kicking so much they had trouble getting his weight.

13 lbs.  6 oz.
25.5 inches long

The doctor checked his lungs and said they sounded clear!  He's still a bit congested but I think it's finally safe to say he's better. :)

He did get another fever after his shots, but it was gone by Thursday.

The past week has been so much better for me too.  He's not as clingy or whiny, I can lay him down for longer and actually get things done, he plays on his play mat, he's been sleeping through the night, and as of last night he's finally back in his crib again!  I feel like the last two months were worse than the newborn stage.  I was really beginning to understand the meaning of "a hope deferred..."


He's such a little cutie. 

he grabbed my hand and held it like this 


he wuvs his little teddy

and his little lamby

We're having fun now. :)

Though, I fully anticipate March being cold, dark, and yucky and we'll be stuck inside again. February has been such a teaser. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: