Friday, March 10, 2017

a growing little boy

What have we been up to?  Not much, really.

Gideon has been going through a major growth and development spurt. He's been gaining a pretty consistent pound a week!  I think he's playing catch up from when he was sick. So, I've been pretty much confined to the couch feeding him during the day. Thankfully, this little man must know how much I need my sleep, because he's still been sticking to a 7 hour stretch at night.  


My little chunk was 15 lbs today :)


look at that face :) 


He likes his belly and can roll over like a pro

His new best friend


We were supposed to have potluck last Saturday, but a few families got sick, so we decided we would rather postpone until more can make it.
Unfortunately, I had already made dessert. (that was sarcastic) :)

Tiramisu 

It was my first time attempting tiramisu but it turned out fantastic. The hardest part was finding the ingredients in the grocery store. I was able to find marscapone but in the end I had to improvise for the ladyfingers. 
Sunday evening we went to my parents for pizza and served the tiramisu for dessert.



For a while now, I've wanted a mobile for above Gideon's crib.  I wasn't impressed with any of the ones you can buy, so I decided to make one.


I think it turned out ok, but its way harder than I though to balance correctly.


He loves it.

I've babysat for Jack a few times recently. There is a bit of a rivalry for my lap between him and Gideon, so it can get interesting at times.   They'll be best friends some day. :)




Gideon's been really clingy lately. It could be more of the growth spurt or even a tooth? Who knows.  It makes me look even more forward to warmer weather. 


In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: