Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Tell me I'm crazy, maybe I know

This past weekend was a bit nutso, partially of my own doing.

I spent the previous week getting ready for Saturday's potluck as best I could. My mom came over on Thursday. She had potluck too, so we both made tiramisu together.  Mom helped keep Gideon content and it cut the prep time in half.  It turned out wonderfully again. :)

having another chat with his best friend

Friday, Gideon's fever came back but it stayed low all day.  

poor sick buddy.
He likes his bath seat for some reason. 
 He stayed curled up in it long enough for me to get the house cleaned. :)

It was a beautiful day, so we went out on the porch for a while.
he likes his silly little hat

Saturday, he woke up with a 102.3 degree fever.  I called the doctor since it seemed odd that his fever came back after a week and a half long cold. We scheduled an appointment for later that morning, since I didn't want to go the whole weekend wondering. 
 Sure enough, poor little buddy has an ear infection and another round of bronchiolitis. Which would explain why he was so cranky.
On a side note, he weighed in at 16 lbs. :) he's quite the chunk. 

Once we left the doctor's office and picked up his amoxicillin, it was already late in the morning.  My mom came over and helped me start the meat for potluck. 

We finished just in time to head to Peoria with Jenny and the girls for Disney on Ice. :)

I didn't know what to expect, but I was impressed. They were amazing skaters and it was a ton of fun. I bought the girls cotton candy, which they turned their noses up at. So, I got to take it home and eat it myself :)

I made it home in time to get the rest of the food ready and finish cleaning the house for potluck.  We got everything ready just in time for the first guests to arrive.

Mike and Katie and Trent and Heather came. And, since a few of the couples couldn't come we invited Brad and Kathrine as well.  It was a good evening and Gideon did really well.


It was probably crazy to do all of that in one day, but it worked, and we all had fun.:)


Giving Gideon his medicine is a battle. He hates the syringe.  Thankfully he doesn't seem to mind the taste. But, we end up with more pink stuff on his face than in his mouth. sigh. 


messy little boy


 Sunday, we stayed home from church again. Gideon still had a bad cough and was unpredictably fussy.  Matt and Lena came over for supper to help us eat up our potluck left overs.


Monday, Gideon and I spent the afternoon at the farm. I finally hauled away all of my stuff. eek. I've almost been married four years!

I was pretty ruthless and pitched anything I hadn't missed. I found a lot of fun things too.:)

Me and Emily in grade school. haha. 
I was a little dork. ;)


This lovely picture :) hehe

My playmobil! Nathan and I had some fun with it that evening.


Little buddy is getting more fun by the day. He loves buzzing his lips, sticking out is tongue, shrieking, playing with his toes, standing up like a big boy, and charming everyone. 

He finally grew in to this cute outfit :)

I gotsa hood :)

so proud 

I like my parrot pj's


He's still sick and wheezy, but it's getting better. He seems to be fighting it better this time and since he's bigger, it doesn't bother me as much. 

Warm weather is so close it's making me giddy.  And, my magnolia tree is blooming! :) Yay Spring!

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

The Vollmer's said...

Yay he fits the parrot pj's!

Daniel & Wendi said...

Aww man I didn't know he was sick again! :( you deserve an award for this winter!!