I love May. May is a wonderful month. The weather, the flowers, and of course my birthday. :)
Gideon continues to bring added excitement to things. He loves to 'help'. Which is usually not help at all. :)
stirring and eating cookie dough.
fresh chocolate chip cookies make chocolate messes. :)
Jack came over one morning. They both 'helped' water the flowers.
The lilacs were gorgeous this year. I wish they would last longer.
dandelions
what a lovely bouquet
I seeded a bare patch of grass under our tree a while back. I try to keep it watered as the grass is growing. Gideon couldn't figure out the sprinkler, it kept moving. Its one of those that goes back and forth. He had fun running through it when it wasn't sneaking up on him.
all wet.
Mother's Day we spent the evening at Ron and Kary's with the Wyss's.
We played and escape room in a box. It was really cool.
But, we did take the required mother's day picture. Because I like pictures. And, I love my buddy. Being his mom is quite fun and never dull. :)
We went to a Japanese restaurant because I've been wanting sushi forever. No worries it was cooked.
fried rice and California rolls.
They made the food right in front of us.
:) friends.
Larissa, Kendra, and Wendi
My mother's/birthday flowers :)
We got out Gideon's little pool. He doesn't stay in it very long but he does love to play with water.
We met Katherine at the park one day. Just before we were supposed to leave, Gideon decided to get in the pool.
I'm not fast enough.
And then graduation season descended. ugh. hehe. We had so many parties to go to. I think the total was 9. Sadly, however only 2 of the 9 served real graduation cake. :( I don't like this new trend. I like cake. :)
Karen, Nathan's sister Graduated on Friday, so we went out to the graduation and party.
Kyle and Tate both graduated, so we got to spend plenty of time with family.
Jack and Gideon being the odd little ducks they are :)
And then it rained. A lot.
We went on a walk one evening and discovered that the church parking lot was basically a large pool. We joined the neighborhood our playing in the water.
so pleased.
splashing around
Tuesday last week, Kendra and Wendi came over and we made freezer meals. The kids ran wild and played fairly well together.
the boys watching the garbage truck.
trying to help :)
It was fun and now I actually have some premade food in my freezers!
Thursday, Kendra and I left our kids and drove out to Alyssa's for the day. We got to meet baby Wren, who is adorable, and see their new house.
Friday, I used up all of my birthday money at Menard's :) :) I love that place.
hehehehe
And then began the bathroom project. The vanity never fit with the rest of the bathroom. The walls are white, the floor is white...why did they put in a wood vanity? sigh. I think it's ugly.
I worked on it starting Friday evening and off and on Saturday. This morning, I put it all back together.
destruction stage
disaster stage.
Before and after :)
so much better.
Next. I deal with the awful floor.
We have strawberries!
yum
*happy dance*
Squeal! :)
Matt brought mulch Saturday. So, we were finally able to mulch for the first time in two years! yah. It needed it.
sigh. :) home sweet home.
Sunday, our potluck group got together for a picnic. It was hot. The kids didn't seem to mind though. We had a good time. Gideon was very sad to leave.
swinging
Jack was so sweaty
cheese!
The boys caught a frog. Gideon was enthralled.
So. many, boys.
:)
Another picture of peonies... because... you know
This morning, I took Gideon to the Memorial Day parade. I think he enjoyed it.
tractors!
fire truck!
Candy.
he was happy.
It's been busy and things are going to get crazier from here. :) yay summer.
Well, that's all folks. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment