The weather has been wonderful! Gideon and I have been getting a lot of outside time.
I was concerned that with the lack of fence and this little runner, that I wouldn't be able to work outside at all this summer. But, thankfully, Gideon has generally been good about not wandering. Last week we got our garden cleaned up and planted.
For some reason Gideon has decided that 6:00 is his new wake up time. sigh. I suppose that is a good thing for me. So, a few mornings we've actually made breakfast. Gideon loves helping. It makes it a little more chaotic but it keeps a hungry boy occupied.
yikes...
stir!
We had our first little picnic on the porch. Gideon thought it was pretty cool.
My mom and Jack stopped by one day while I was weeding. Gideon and Jack had loads of fun digging in the dirt.
little boys :)
the grass really took over this year
We got our water table out. It's a bit junky but it works.
watering the grass
milkshakes after a walk one evening
Gideon drank his and some of mine.
Gideon and I met Joy and Emily and her kids at the park one day last week for a picnic. The kids mostly ran...and ran... and ran.
"wee!"
Gideon played hard. He was nearly asleep by the time we took the two minute drive home.
We've been making lots of stops at the farm these days. Jack is often there and needing a playmate and when Gideon whines for grandpa or cows, well, who can say no?
little farm boy on a muddy day
Grocery shopping is always interesting with this little stinker. He announces everything he sees. Loudly. To anyone who walks by. "Balalala's!" (banana) "bappoos!" (apples) and "PIZZAAAA!" Which once we bought he insisted on holding. And telling EVERYONE that he had a pizza. It makes grocery shopping a lot less private.
one happy boy
Gideon is not a great sleeper and he's not a great napper. But those rare times when he takes great naps are wonderful. He wakes up so much happier.
He didn't even want to get out of the crib.
Rhubarb has arrived! My plants are producing tons this year. :) I'm looking forward to rhubarb pie.
Sooooo dirty. Despite his face he was having a blast.
I fear it is only a matter of time before our neighbors see a naked child running down the street.
we really aren't far off
Gideon got to mow with daddy. He had so much fun.
The 5th and 6th were an invite a guest weekend. We invited Reilly and Katie. They came for lunch on Saturday. They guys spent the afternoon playing games and Katie and I watched the kids play. Saturday evening we went for a supper and singing. Sunday, was just church. Katie's mom took her two older kids for the night and church, so Katie had a quiet Sunday.
Sunday evening, Nathan and I went to the Bible Class Senior supper.
It was a big weekend but we had a great time. We loved having Reilly and Katie out and Gideon loved playing with their kids.
"Peeelows"
Monday, I met Mom and Jenny and the girls for lunch at the park to Celebrate Emmy's birthday.
:)
hehe
He was a bit scared of this slide but said "weee" anyway.
swinging with Cadence.
trying on daddy's shoes.
Yesterday, on the way back from the grocery store, we stopped by the farm. I dug up a few peonies (they had been transplanted from my grandma's house in Gridley years ago) and a hydrangea to transplant back at home. We stopped at the field on the way home to watch grandpa planting the field. Gideon was so excited.
"Bapaw! Tratoo!"
What a mischievous ornery barefooted little boy.
Dancing with Rhubarb
and this is why I get nothing done :P
With the weather driving us outside, the inside falls in to chaos rather quickly. But, I'm slowly cracking away at my spring cleaning. Hopefully I'll finish it this year.
On the leg front: Thanks to all who have prayed for me. Last I went in to the doctor there were a few symptoms that the doctor thought should have cleared up by then. He said that those symptoms would most likely be with me the rest of my life. This was: my leg still swelling and turning purple after just walking around the block, not being able to kneel comfortably, not being able to get down on the floor with Gideon, spider veins, varicose veins etc. Amazingly, most of these things have nearly cleared up by now. I can chase Gideon down the road without noticing my leg at all, I can sit on the floor with him (for probably too long), and I've been taking long walks and noticing nothing! Its been so encouraging that I'll be able to still be active and play with Gideon.
I haven't been to the doctor in a while so no news on the baby front. Though I already feel for this poor child. Gideon uses me and my belly like a jungle gym and I highly doubt he'll get much more gentle when the baby comes.
Why do I post so little? Well I think this picture of how I typed this one is kind of example enough.
#lifewithawildchild
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
Enjoy the slices of your life!
I wish I had rhubarb. My try the other year failed. I bought some to plant this spring and no one has been able to rototill my garden! So I may just have to dig a hole for them before they die!
love you, ak
Post a Comment