Life has been busy and hot.
It rained a ton again the other week. Which, made the parking lot flood again, and made for a very happy little boy.
hehe
Gideon helped me bake a pie. He loves to mix and stir things. It keeps him happy but makes such a mess.
Gideon and I took another trip to the farm.
Grandpa showing the boys some frogs.
swimming
:)
pool :)
Jenny and the girls came over too, so it ended up being a party.
One Saturday morning, I took Gideon over to Matt's to keep Jack occupied while he finished the sandbox.
mowing
cars and tractors!
Sandbox!
The first weekend in June, Washington church invited the Covenant Chamber Choir to sing. They are pretty much the best of the best when it comes to singing groups in the AC world. So, I was pretty excited. They sang at church Saturday evening. It was amazing. sigh. :)
We kept a couple from the group over night. Gideon enjoyed having 'pee-pole' at our house.
Sunday, we went to Washington in the morning and then left at noon for Tess's wedding in Fairbury.
That night while putting Gideon to bed, my mom texted that the hog house was on fire. Thankfully the fire wasn't any bigger and there were no pigs in that room, or it would have been worse. Gideon missed out on all of the fire trucks and excitement, poor kid.
So, Monday we had to take yet another stop at the farm to check out the damage.
:) he was a little scared
And then the girlies showed up! It was another party :)
the pump is very exciting
Gideon loves to play farm these days. Cows, farmer, fence, barn... and a tiger.
Jessica was watching Rebecca's kids one morning so she invited me and Gideon to join them for lunch.
The Braker grandkids.
I started the grout project in the downstairs bathroom. It's very slow going so hopefully I like it when it's done.
no going back now
I finally got around to making something from all of my rhubarb. Its basically a creamy rhubarb pie in a pan.
yum.
The second week of June was VBS all week. So, since Gideon and I had quiet evenings while Nathan was gone, we walked to the park almost every night.
slide!
very pleased about stealing my drink.
That Friday, my sink wouldn't drain. Clayton offered to come over and take a look. He took a look, decided it was a much bigger project than expected and came back later with some help.
They took out about 15 feet of pipe in our basement. It was completely full of gunk. It smelled so bad. It must have been building up for years.
so gross. And yes we have a nasty basement.
Gideon loved the excitement and crawled back up in to the crawl space to watch them working. I'm so thankful for a plumber in the family.
Gideon helping daddy make waffles.
Saturday evening was Clayton's testimonies. We left Gideon at the condos with Carli and Kandace and the rest of the crew. Sunday was baptisms. Despite my ridiculous hormones these days, I kept my eyes dry. ;P Such an exciting weekend.
Herb and Lori had the family over for homemade ice cream, which turned in to a massive snack/supper because you can't have too much food. :)
Monday, because it worked out wonderfully having all the family in town, Grandma and Pearl taught us girl cousins how to bake their famous bread and rolls. Jenny and I have been wanting to do it for ages and I'm so glad it worked out.
They have the same recipes but ever so slightly different methods. It was great fun watching and learning.
comparing recipes
my yeast got nice and frothy. :)
showing us how it's done
rising!
braiding the bread
yum. sugar and Cinnamon
my attempt at Pearl's bread :)
rolls with grandma
I can almost smell them :)
Isn't that a glorious sight!!??
I've been finding it harder to get things done outside with Gideon around. He likes to run and doesn't stay occupied for long. My garden was getting pretty weedy. Gideon loves his cousin Jack so, one morning my mom brought Jack by to play so that I could get a bit of work done.
two little boys and some water :)
Last Thursday evening, we had the Brakers over for supper.
They brought and made homemade ice cream.
Nathan grilled burgers.
Gideon pushed Avery around in his car.
Gideon enjoyed all of the attention. :)
burger bar :)
A good time was had by all.
We've been slowly chipping away (pun intended) at the grout project.
Gideon likes to help
We had Saturday evening free and it was hot. So, we went out to eat and then to Bass Pro. Not to buy anything, just to look around. hehe. It's practically a zoo.
Gideon was a little unsure of the bear.
fish!
who knew decoys were so exciting.
Big fish.
Father's Day, we went out to Matthew and Rebecca's for the evening.
Happy Father's day to a pretty awesome daddy.
You have a book, Gideon will sit and listen :)
We had a good evening and headed home.
Gideon has been talking more and more. He's a little copy cat and repeats anything he hears. His pronunciations can be quite fun. :) He often goes through lists of his favorite things: "cows, farm, grandma, grandpa, tractors, pigs, uncle Matt, Jack, Emmy... and on and on." :)
I've had a lot of doctors appointments lately. Everything looks good on the baby front. I had a scan of my leg the other day and unfortunately, the clot is still in my leg. It's shrunk but not as fast as we hoped. The news changes a lot when it comes to how labor will go. And, I'm still on two shots a day instead of getting put on a lower dose as expected. It was a downer, but thankfully that's the worst.
It's been miserably hot which has driven us inside. Too, bad it can't just stay in the low 80s.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment