June ended with a lot of rain. But, some how we managed to fit in a lot of fun days in the sun.
Between our kiddy pool, watering flowers, the garden, and just being outside, Gideon seems to be constantly wet and dirty. We go through 2-3 outfits a day!
muddy little boy in a swing :)
On rainy days Gideon gets in to trouble in the house.
"helping" with dishes...
this usually ends with lots of water on the floor
And when it rains, there is a little boy who wants to be out in it.
:) getting wet and loving it.
he lives life on the edge...
I just don't even know.
Because of the rainy, steamy weather, mom and I took Gideon and Jack to the Playhouse Museum in Peoria one day. They had a blast and didn't want to leave.
balls!
trains!
And a school bus!! hehehe
We made homemade play dough
It's so unsafe, I know.... but he was so happy
all done!
the tractors were getting stuck in the mud
I pulled out a water color page.
he had fun...for 2 minutes
and then he started sucking on the paint brush.
We made another stop at the farm.
he was very pleased
the holes in our table make great places for tractors to get stuck
We made cookies for vacation one afternoon.
so helpful. sigh... hehe :) They still tasted good
a mouth full of cookie dough.
Guess who didn't eat supper...
When you have a cute farm diaper on, you can't cover it up with clothes...
and new sandals!!! :)
My garden is finally producing.
flowers, mint and lettuce.
peppers!
Gideon is growing up so fast. He's practically a little man.
carrying his church bag all by himself
little book lover :)
Last weekend, we packed up and headed for mini-Wyss vacation. It was a short weekend trip to Mark Twain Lake in Missouri.
so much stuff
his favorite book. He looked at it for a half hour!
let the madness begin
Friday, we went to the beach in the morning.
lovely view
little Cadence Mae
games! Cecily likes to join in.
this two boys are something
the resort had llamas.
Haystacks!!!!!
Celebrating Cadence's birthday
pool time
Gideon did not like his boat ride.
hehe. Uncle Jake helping Emmy drive
It was hot. So we got ice cream.
:)
grilling burgers
oh these boys. They were sending their tractors down the hill.
the newlyweds ;)
The weekend was short but sweet. We spent most of our time relaxing, swimming, and eating. Who could want more? :)
Yesterday we took a walk. It was a very exciting walk. Gideon got to see a backhoe, a road grater, steam roller, and the big puddle was back!
so happy.
Today, we got to go to Roy's Lake. Gideon had no fear and ran in and out of the water. He was missing his nap so he didn't last long and nearly fell asleep in the water with grandma.
:)
a train went by!
There's a few situations in my life at the moment that are hard and out of my control. One of which is the whole situation with the clot in my leg. The last appointment with the vascular surgeon, as I mentioned in the previous post, did not go as well as I had hoped. I had been pretty down about it and really struggling to know what steps to take next with my doctors, where to give birth, how much to fight for a natural labor this time, how to give it all up to God but yet still move forward...etc.
You see there were so many ifs. If my clot was gone, then I could do X. If X happened then Y could happen. If things went well with the vascular surgeon and the hematologist says A is ok, then my OB will allow me to do B. And, so on.
Gideon's labor, though I'm thankful for how well it went and for a wonderful healthy child, did not go as planned. I felt lied to by my doctor, guilted in to an induction I didn't want, pressured to follow procedure because of liability, and generally just like I'd been sent through the system of sterile medicalized birth. So, I've been struggling with how, now that I have complications, do I fight for a natural labor, and yet still stay appropriately respectful of doctors and cautious of real medical concern, AND still recognize God is in control. It's all His will and plan, and He will carry me regardless of the outcome. How do I balance all of that?
Anyway, that being said, I was struggling and reading and praying one morning when I opened to Zechariah 4. I'll admit, my first thought was to flip away because it immediately appeared to be a boring chapter about building the temple. But, I stayed there and read.
"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you." ~Zechariah 4:6-9
I don't know what the outcome of all this will be, in any of the situations. But, I know I can't do anything in my strength. Whatever happens, it will be God through his Spirit. That is a truth and it brings me comfort and peace.
So, in order to remember and etch it in my mind I decided to get crafty.
It's not perfect but it was fun :)
Then, Last week, I finally met with my OB again. He didn't seem as concerned as the vascular surgeon and he still thinks our initial plan moving forward is possible. I drove away flabbergasted and praising God. Then, that Thursday I met with the hematologist who also was not nearly as concerned. He even said if things look good in a month, he'll still drop my dosage! Once again, I could barely process it. The same people who told me that if the clot wasn't gone X,Y, and Z couldn't happen, were now telling me the opposite. Praise God!
Again, I don't know what will happen in the next 3 months. I don't know. But, what I do know is that God is faithful.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment