Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sun days, fun Days

Gideon has been very spoiled these last few weeks after vacation. We've had a lot of fun days packed into a short period of time.


He got to mow with Nathan. 

 We went to the pool with Katherine and Brielle.
snack break at the pool

We heard my dad was combining the wheat so, Gideon had to have a ride.
pretending to drive...he was pretty proud


riding with grandpa


Then, it was the 4th!
all patriotic  :)

I'm not an extremely patriotic person and I'm not a big fan of parades. But, when you have a boy who loves tractors, trucks, firetrucks, horses, and candy...you go to the parade. :)
sitting at the parade with Cliff

Tractor! There were so many this year. Gideon was enthralled 

Fire trucks! There were also a ton. 
Gideon loved them but didn't like how loud the sirens were. 

sucker. :)

That evening we sort of invited ourselves over to the farm for supper. I made my dad a coconut cream pie. Because, why not and they are good.
:)

"uh Matt" and Jack were there too. Which made Gideon pretty happy. "Uh Matt is one of his favorite people.

Matt gave Gideon a 4 wheeler ride!

Jack got one too of course.

two little farmer boys.

When it started to get dark we headed over to Ron and Kary's for fire works. 
The girlies came and brought fun glow sticks

a very blurry family picture

Happy 4th :)

I found a super cheap slide the other day. That plus some wood and Gideon has his own miniature water park. 

:)

We went to the farm again one day, not sure why. I'm sure Gideon just requested it and I was bored. ;P
cows!!

hehe

Gideon can be very clingy at times. Well, a lot actually.  He just wants to be doing whatever I'm doing.  So, sometimes on super clingy days, the only way to get anything done is to strap him on. 
thank goodness for hiking carriers.

chicken parmesan and sweet corn. (yay sweet corn)

gideon loves his spaghetti 

We've been having sweet corn a lot and so some times we forget to take the salt off the table...
someone filled the combine

Nathan ran to the store after work for a few things. He brought Gideon some 'amean cones'.
a very happy boy

My birthday was in May.  But, I've been planning to make myself a birthday cake sense but never had the time or wanted to make a different dessert instead. So, I finally got around to it. hehe. :)
succulent cake!!!!

eeeeeeee :)
I'm learning and getting better with cake decorating. Which is very exciting.  It's so much fun. And then you can eat it. 


This past Sunday, was the church picnic.  It's always in July on a nasty hot humid day at a buggy park. Thankfully this year the weather and bug cooperated a bit more than usual.  And, someone brought a water table for the little kids! It was wonderful!  Gideon actually stood still for a few minutes at a time to play. :) Though, he did take a few laps around the park here and there. 

:)

Grandpa gave Gideon some tractor magazines.  He looks at them every  morning with his tractors.  Sometimes he actually gives me enough of a break that I can eat my breakfast without interruption!

:)

backhoes, tractors, skidsteers...oh my!

 Monday, I had two doctors appointments. So, Gideon spent another morning at the farm. Spoiled child. 


Tuesday, I had an afternoon doctor's appointment. So, we ran a few errands and went to the doctor. It was hot and sticky. So, I splurged and go Gideon his own milk shake.  He was very happy. Don't worry he couldn't eat the whole thing anyway.
:)

The flowers in my garden are doing wonderfully. Gideon loves them too. We have to "pick it" a lot and he often insists on a "mink" one or an "o-eenge". 
:)

so many peppers

 I love sweet corn. We've been having it nearly every meal this week.  Gideon is learning how to eat it. He mostly nibbles but he insists on his own ear. 

Yesterday, we went to the farm for corn day. Mom watched the kids while Jenny and I did the corn. A win-win. 
It was wild

very wild :)

pool time!


corn!


three in a stroller

cooking on the stove

all done! 36 pints in all

Today was a catch up day at home. Cleaning, organizing, and relaxing.  I was too productive in the morning though and by afternoon I wasn't sure what was left to do.  So, I made frozen hot coco. It was good. But, I think I prefer a traditional milk shake.
Gideon got his own cup. 


And this is why I love summer.  There is just so much more to do. It's going to be rough when the weather starts cooling down. (And we have a newborn. yikes)


In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: