Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wyss Vacation and the aftermath

Mid-July, the Wyss family took our annual vacation.  

Gideon was ready to go 

 We left early Saturday morning and made it to the resort by early afternoon.  We had a pretty awesome cabin.  Kandace, Carli, Kayla, and Kacie were upstairs and Matt and Jack were with us downstairs. Plus it was big and nice with an awesome view. :)

mornings on the deck...trying to keep the boys from waking the girls

the 'baby room' during church services Sunday

singing

the guys of course had to do some quartet-ing.

Sunday afternoon, a few of us headed out to the coolest place in the area...an old fashioned pop shop.
so many flavors!

cool candies

and coffee

lunch back at the cabin
Mussins!!!!  (muffins)

and the games begin

evening group game


the view from our deck... just lovely

The first few days were rainy but it cleared up and we got plenty of sun after that.
Beach time



We took our blender so every so often we could make milk shakes, iced coffees, or pina coladas :)


yum!

Matt reading to the boys

another gorgeous day

Rook

cousins :)

There were beautiful clouds above the volleyball game one night....

And then it started pouring and everyone started running. hehe :)

Matt took us out on the Klop's boat one morning. Gideon fell asleep pretty much right away and missed the whole ride... poor kid.

sleeping on daddy's lap

My parents brought their toy lawn mowers for the grandkids. They were a hit. Jack and Gideon mowed all over the resort. 
:)


 One day Gideon started acting crankier than usual. By afternoon I thought he felt a bit hot, but with all of the running and sun, I didn't think too much of it.  By evening I was sure he had a fever.  The next morning he woke up puking. yay. A sick kid on vacation. And, Nathan had to leave that day to go back to work.  Gideon puked a few more times and his fever got pretty high because I couldn't keep tylenol down him. 

poor sick boy

Thankfully, by that evening his fever broke and by the next morning he was pretty much back to normal.  

grandma spoiling the kids


more beach time

an awesome Exit game.

:) I love vacation

We packed up and left Saturday morning. Kandace rode with us to keep me awake. 

It was a great week.  It worked out often that someone was in the cabin during Gideon's naps, so I got to relax on the beach by myself a lot. And, most evenings, there  was a group hanging out at our cabin so Matt and Nathan could leave to play games.  Gideon loved the water and got pretty good a floating in his life jacket so even when he was down at the beach I didn't have to be too worried.  There was lots of good food, good company, and good conversation. :)  I was actually surprised how easy it was, since you never know with a toddler. 


 It was a pretty big bummer to be home. But, we managed to have some fun. 

we watched a crane at the farm one afternoon!
Gideon was thrilled

Hat!

We went over to the 4-H fair one morning. 
goats

pigs

fair food :)

During a nap or two I even managed to check a project off my list.

I painted this changing table.  
We decided a second one would be handy when the baby comes.

Gideon keeps getting bigger. It's sad.  He doesn't like to ride in the stroller any more which makes walks more interesting. 

such a big kid

I pulled out the sidewalk chalk one cooler afternoon. He loved it. 

lots of tractors and barns

hehe. chalk all over

My flowers make me happy. They just keep blooming  :)
a purple dahlia!

sigh :)


This past Saturday we took Gideon to the threshing day in Tremont. Nathan's mom was doing demonstrations on wool carding, spinning, etc.  So, we got to see them as well. 

draft horses

tractors! (Gideon was so happy)

a calf



so proud
'Ginnon drive a trattor!'

'Red trattor'

 Sunday, we drove down to Champaign for the U of I reunion.  Nathan was included in the age group so I got to come along by default. :) Which was exciting.  Jenny and Matt were in the reunion years too.  When they were in college, it was their college experiences and stories of the U of I young group that made me really want to attend U of I. 

 We spent the day at Champaign church. It was great to be back and see everyone again. 

After church we drove around Champaign Urbana a bit to see the sights.   It was a rainy day and the picnic was at a park.  That didn't deter the kids from playing out side.  They got very wet, but surprisingly not very muddy. 
Cecily, Gideon, and Jack in Cadence's pink coat....hehehe


there was a little spigot that the kids figured out how to turn on.
 More water! just what we needed. 

It was a wonderful day.  I loved spending time with the Champaign church people and with the old U of I crew. 


 I planted a jalapeno plant in the garden this year. It's too bad you can't plant 1/2 plants.  There are so many jalapenos and I only need a few. 
So, I made pickled jalapenos. Because, why not?

I have no idea if I'll like them.


 And, that's pretty much what we've been up to.  This week I had a doctors appointment. Baby is growing and doing well.   I think Gideon hit his terrible twos at 1 1/2. Sigh. He's a little beast sometimes and his emotions are like a roller coaster ride.  But, when he is happy, oh boy! He is a little ball of excitable energy and silliness.  Last night he was up until 11 singing loudly. I just don't know sometimes. :)

Umbrella!

hehehe. 

Today, Great Aunt Cynthia took Gideon for a play day. It is AMAZING how much I got done in the short time he was gone. I didn't have to worry about waking him and there was no little boy climbing on me, clinging to my legs, or insisting  I let him do something 'un moooore time'.  


In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: