The last half of August was filled with the usual.
The flowers in the garden and still blooming and gorgeous. I think I should just do away with veggies and plant only flowers next year. ;)
Gideon and I made a big batch of cookies one day.
He loves to help me mix.
He loves 'helping'. Usually, things end up taking three times as long when he helps, but quench not the spirit.
doing dishes
One evening we watched Layne and Heather's boys. I got out my old Legos for them to play with. Gideon LOVED them, so they've stayed out ever since.
Noah and Gideon
'make a house'
'yey-goes'
We've been doing a tiny bit of rearranging in preparation for the baby. We brought some of the toys and the kitchen set down stairs that had been in the extra room upstairs. Now we have a toy corner in the living room.
The 18th, we spent the afternoon and evening at the farm. Bob and Jenny, Matt and Lena, and the Schlipfs came. The kids swam and played.
Ice cream cone :)
Bob brought multiple flavors of jerky to taste.
We played a game- Detective. It was awesome. Basically it was like a crime show turned into a board game. There was also an online part with a fake database to use. As the game went on you collected evidence, fingerprints, conducted interviews, and other detective type things. It was so cool. May I remind you, that before I chose Social Work, I planned to be a crime scene investigator.
the database
the game
We had pizza for supper and they played a game of Bring Your Own Book. Which is also another awesome game.
On a very hot Sunday afternoon, Jenny, Mom, Donna, Joy, and I went to Shakespeare in the Park at Glenoak Park in Peoria. They put on Midsummer Night's Dream. It's possibly one of the most hilarious plays out there. And, it's Shakespeare. It was great. :)
more Legos.
:)
watching the garbage truck one morning.
such a cool dude.
I've started yet another project. I've decided to make a quilt for each kid. I (Jenny really) made a quilt for Gideon. This time, I'm doing a bit more of the work. I've started cutting the squares. I'm a little over half done.
One Wednesday evening after church, I took Gideon to DQ. I've had a free coupon for ages so, I thought it would be fun to see what he'd do with a whole cone to himself.
he was quite pleased
messy messy
Wendi had Larissa and I over for a playdate one morning. Henry and Harrison have tons of tractors. Gideon loved it.
Harrison, Gideon, and Henry
We stopped by the farm for lunch and to play with Jack. The boys were excited to see the combine out!
'feeding' the cows
Nathan has had some pretty rough weeks at work on top of studying for his Professional Engineer License. So, for a surprise one morning, after learning he didn't have time for breakfast, Gideon and I picked up some donuts and took them to Nathan's work.
Gideon was in awe of the donuts. He could barely talk or decide which one he wanted.
He got to eat one all by himself.
such a cheese ball
The 25th, we went out to David and Jessica's for Avery's first birthday.
Gideon enjoyed the attention and many willing book readers
We got our little pool out again one nice sunny day this week.
:)
Emily invited me and Katy over to her parent's to swim this past Tuesday.
Jase and Gideon
Gideon has gotten very brave and was jumping in all by himself.
Tuesday evening, Nathan and I took a hospital tour. My parents watched Gideon. So, we turned it into a date night and went out to eat.
Yum. Seafood pasta :)
I had yet another doctor's appointment Wednesday. Gideon charmed the doctor into giving him a band-aid too after I got a shot.
He had to have it on his arm, just like mommy
Gideon is becoming more and more verbal. He's moving or talking nonstop unless he is deeply engrossed in playing with his tractors or reading a book.
All of this means quite a bit of humor and a whole lot of laugh or cry moments.
Gideon lets it be known if things aren't going his way. loudly. But, for some reason, if he is actually in trouble or hurt, he just whimpers a little. One morning, I heard him screaming like he was being murdered. After I ran to check, I found him struggling to take one of his toys up the stairs. A few minutes later, I heard a quiet 'oh no. oh no.' and found him like this:
he was barely hanging on...
sigh.
In the mornings, I try to read the Bible after breakfast. Try. Because the majority of the time, Bible reading turns into a tractor obstacle course.
Or someone insists a different book be read.
Gideon has discovered the word probably. 'Probby'. He thinks if he says it, the thing will come to be. 'OK' is also his way of saying yes, he will get what he wants.
G: a probby see gamma a granpa a day. Ok
Me: not today, they aren't home
G: a church a see gramma a granpa a jack a day. OK
Me: No, sorry, we can't today
G: See um. Ok.
:(
Sadly we could not 'see um'.
One day while trying to get out the door to the grocery store.
Gideon: gro-shees an then probby milkshake. Ok.
He got a milkshake after the store. Because, I'm a push over.
yes it's huge. I really did ask for a small. And, we shared it.
'feeding uh bunny yunch'
This afternoon, Gideon decided to color my china cabinet...
Sigh. Thankfully, Magic Eraser took it all off with very little effort.
Church is interesting with our little energizer bunny. Thankfully, I think most people think he's cute, because he definitely makes his presence known. He usually spends every moment running. And, when we are in church, he's often heard parroting the minister... he's not exactly quiet.
As for baby #2, things are still going well. We finally have our answer and I will not be delivering at the Birth Center, which is a bummer. But, I have a good doctor and after the hospital tour Tuesday, I'm peaceful about where things are.
I've been getting a lot more comments lately. And looks. My face is no longer the first thing people look at when I walk in a room. Which is a bit frustrating. Some of the comments are...well... I try to just keep a smile on my face.
A cashier at the store: "watch the corners or you might pop! ...I used to tell that to my wife all the time. ha ha. she got huge!"
ummm.... your wife should have told you how inappropriate that was to say... sigh.
I've been getting a lot of questions so I'll answer a few here.
Am I counting down the days? No. Yes... I mean I know that I have about 4.5 weeks until my estimated due date. But, I'm in no rush. I've had a baby too early before, and I don't want to rush this one.
How am I feeling? Great actually. I have a bit of heartburn here and there, but otherwise I feel fine.
Am I still on blood thinner? Yup, I'm on half a dose but still two shots a day. I'll be on it until a least 6 weeks postpartum.
Does Gideon understand? I really don't think he has a clue. We try to tell him, but I don't think he gets it.
Anyway, Whew. That's all for now. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment