Sadly, summer does seem to be coming to a close.
I told Gideon one day that pretty soon, Grandpa would get out the combine and start harvesting corn. Every day since then, he would ask if grandpa had gotten the combine out. He was very happy when my dad did finally start harvesting.
playing with his combines
The bugs in the garden were awful this year. I had to pick my tomatoes early and let them ripen inside or the bugs would eat them.
so much produce.
Jake and Rachel came out for Labor Day weekend. So, we celebrated Jake's 30th early with my family. Mom and I were talking one day and came up with the idea of recreating one of Jake's childhood cakes. Jake always had the coolest cakes for his birthdays. So, Nathan pulled out some of his legos and I used my decorating skills to make a pretty awesome cake. :)
I think he was pleased.
then
now
testing out Bob's board game.
Pablo the Penguin... Gideon loves being read to
Rachel reading another great book from our childhood
Like I said, Gideon loves being read to. Reading books is part of our nightly routine and the little stinker often gets to read more books than he probably should, considering the time of night. He has a lot of stuffed animals and a lot of books with animals. And, he requires that those animals join him while reading the books.
shark!
(notice Corduroy, a fox, turtle, sting ray, and narwhal)
As summer draws to a close and the days until the baby are quickly slipping away, I've been trying to finish a few more projects. One of which is a baby quilt. I don't know why, but I've decided to make each child a quilt. And, according to Jenny, I've chosen difficult patterns. I wouldn't know since I really don't have a clue what I'm doing.
Anyway, one day Jenny and I met at the farm to work on my quilt. Mom watched the kids while we sewed.
We hosted potluck at the beginning of September. We were going to have it at the park so we included kids and a few other couples as well. But, then it rained. And, our house is not set up for that many people. Thankfully, my Grandparents came through and allowed us to use their condo's basement.
It worked out great. There is a big toy room for the kids to play in and plenty of space for everyone to sit and talk.
I made a ton of pulled pork.
the toy room at the condos.
Nesting is truly a thing. Around noon last Saturday, I went to the kitchen to start getting lunch together. When I opened the fridge, I notice something had spilled in the door, so I started wiping it up... which led to:
Nathan kindly humored me and helped me finish cleaning the fridge out, move it, and vacuum and scrub behind it. Lunch was a hour late, but now we have a clean refrigerator.
Gideon continues to be a little ham.
'ride a horsey'
a fuzzy caterpillar we found on a walk
finishing my coffee...he got the whipped cream
only a few more seams.
I have two different backings picked out dependent on if the baby is a boy or girl.
Lena and Jack showed up in the afternoon. Gideon was very happy to wake up from his nap and find Jack there.
Gideon and Jack just chilling.
Thursday was a big day.
I decided we needed more fall decor so, I swung by hobby lobby after one of my doctors appointments. I decided to recreate a wreath I saw on pinterest.
Pinterest
mine
I think it turned out ok :)
After lunch, I made dessert for Friday's potluck. I made tiramisu which always tastes better the longer it sets.
It's seriously so good :)
My mom texted and said that my dad was combining the field in Goodfield. So, we had to stop. Gideon was so excited.
A very happy boy in that combine.
After we left the field we headed out to Princeville. Gideon talked the whole way (until he fell asleep) about 'ganpa drive a combine. Har the corn.' 'Tate drive a trator an a wagon.' 'dump corn' ' Uh Fred in a semi'
Once we got to Princeville we headed to Tanner's orchard with Isaiah, Eva, Grandma Braker, Josh and Anna. I mainly went for the donuts. We didn't look at any of the animals since the Braker's have even more animals. Which, Gideon and Isaiah looked at when we got back.
Sheep!
Apple Cider donut....sigh :)
Friday, Gideon and I did cleaning around the house. In the evening Gideon went to the farm while Nathan and I went to potluck at Randy and Evie's. They live in a high rise in Peoria with a pretty awesome view. It was a great evening despite a few people not being there due to illnesses.
Gideon spent the night at the farm then. Which he apparently enjoyed because he didn't want to come home when I went to get him. :)
Nathan and I got a bunch checked off my list in the morning while Gideon was gone. Which was great.
It's odd. I've reached the point in the pregnancy where Gideon would have already been born. And, since he was induced, I have no idea if I should expect an early baby or a late one. So, It could be tomorrow or it could be nearly 4 weeks. I'm still feeling great so, I'm again in no huge rush.
So, I plan to keep busy and do life as normal until this baby does decide to come. And then oh boy... a newborn, a cranky clingy jealous toddler, exhaustion, recovery...yuck. Sorry, maybe I'm too practical, but while yes I'm excited, I'm not really looking forward to it. Sue me. ;P
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
Wow! Loved the update. Had to chuckle. You are amazing with all you tackle. The quilt looks great. The frig project should inspire me but it just inspired me to admire yours--teehee. The wreath looks just like it should! Gorgeous. I need to think fall and get mine out today!
Yes, I love the cider donuts too!! One of my favorite parts of fall.
I guess prepare for the worst and you may be pleasantly surprised! I will admit I always want to enjoy the first weeks but they seem to blur. But it is a unique and special time and I never figured out the "key" but I think flexibility is in there. (along with diving into bed for rest when you can and not trying to get something done first;). And extended family! Each is different and Gideon may do great.
Love you and prayers for a safe delivery.
ak
Post a Comment