Sunday, April 21, 2019

Chilly Mini-Wyss Vacation

Yet again, It has been a month since I have blogged.   In an attempt to be a bit more organized about this, I have decided to split everything up into a few separate blogs.  This will be part 1.

 I'm having issues with my phone where the pictures don't save or transfer in the order that they were taken.  It took my a half hour today to get the pictures from my phone and organized on my computer in an understandable way. That plus crazy kids who never let me sit at the computer, it's no wonder I go so long between posts. 

March ended with some nice but chilly weather.

:) her hair.

Gideon and I have a tradition of making a large iced chai tea latte and drinking it on the porch and reading books while we wait for Nathan to get home after work. 

He often claims most of it. 
  
Bleaching diapers in the sun, attempting to grow plants, and reading books :)

We  worked in the garden a bit, prepping it to plant later in the spring. 



Keeping her toasty and shaded

Gideon loved helping. And finding worms.

 The 24th we went to Wendi and Daniels for Core4+ potluck. (Core 4 was the name given to Kendra, Ellie, Wendi, and I back in the young group days. Tristan and Larissa and Brooke and Corey are the non-Washington extended Core4. :P hehe)

I made a ridiculously rich chocolate dessert to practice for Clayton's Rehearsal Dinner. 


Booke and Corey were unable to make it. So, this is the offspring of only 5 of us. 

:)

 Sigh and then there was the day that a bag of powdered sugar exploded all over me in Walmart. 

Of course I was wearing this coat...


 People these days. Everyone ignored me. Thankfully I ran in to some ladies from church and had a good laugh with them. 

 We had a good thunderstorm roll through one day.  So, we pulled out a new book for Gideon. 


 And then off to vacation! We went to Lake Rathbun in Iowa. It was chilly all weekend but that didn't stop us from having fun. 

They both traveled pretty well. Aurelia was pretty annoyed by the end. 


Aurelia having a chat with uncle Jakey. 


our cute little cabin.


crazy children


It got warm enough one morning to head to the park.  It was such a cool playground. 

King of the hill!





little monkey



:)

a trek through the wasteland 
Emmy showing the way.


Sigh. And then Gideon decided to fall off of a bunk bed. 

He had a pretty good gash and was bleeding pretty bad. Matt ran out and got us some super glue.  I wasn't about to traumatize him by taking him in to get staples. I still remember my staples and stitches experience from when I was 4 or 5. 

Grandpa distracting. 

Gideon was all fixed up and back to normal in time to head to the water park that evening. 

Girly girl in a swimming suit!

pirate ship slide

Cadence

Jack and Gideon

so sleepy

Cecily can read!

His fall did not discourage him....

milk shakes

cuddles with Emmy.

Sunday morning we packed up and went to Bloomfield church. We left at noon. Gideon was acting tired and Aurelia needed a nap. So, we decided to time it right. Thankfully we did and they both slept almost the whole way home. 


Good times. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: