Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Six months, snow, and company

That catch up continues. Part 2.
Aurelia turned 6 months old! 


Gideon thinks any hat makes him a farmer. Add boots and well...


Since last summer Gideon started to get scared of creepy crawlies. In an effort to make him a bit more brave, I try to be really enthusiastic about bugs and such.  We've gone worm hunting in the garden, which he thinks is really cool. 


watching a worm

Aurelia had her 6 month check up.  She is short and chunky.  15lbs 6oz, 25" long.


Gideon was in a mood. He didn't want Aurelia to look at him.
He is pouting

We went over to Jenny's one afternoon. I fell in love with a dress for Aurelia for Easter I saw online.  It wasn't for sale any more so, I had the bright idea that Jenny could just help me sew it. 


The kids had a grand time playing while we sewed.


These two crack me up.

The dress turned out adorable. :) 



One afternoon, I told Gideon that I would read him one book. He of course grabbed the largest book he could find...

already finding loopholes.

Spring makes me happy. I love seeing the first blooms after winter. 


The weather has been warm enough to get outside with Gideon. It's still a bit chilly for Aurelia so I bundle her in her fuzzy bear suit. 

She looks like a little puppy. :)

:) baby girl

You know. If Gideon ever complains that I never took pictures of him... I did. He just never stops moving. All of my pictures of him are either blurry or look like this:

CHEEEEESE!

One afternoon I made homemade playdough for Gideon. (It's really not hard, doesn't take long, and keeps the kid occupied) Anyway.  I also made homemade homemade tortillas. Also not hard and they taste so much better... the point here is that the dough looks super similar....
Gideon started making his playdough into balls too...

I was getting concerned that we would be eating green tortillas for supper so I moved the balls.
whoops...
She was pretty proud of herself.

And then when I turned my back for just a second....
a tractor drove through my tortilla.

hehe. fun times. We did end up with a little green mixed in, but not much.  Gideon was having a blast and we had a good supper, so win-win. 

A  friend of mine from church, Emily,  has a really cool business. She has an old camper converted into a traveling coffee shop. So cool.  She brought it to Goodfield one day. So, we stopped by to support her and get some good drinks.
:) He got his own coffee! (Cocoa)

Missy girl got to try a strawberry. 
:)

Oh and here is a picture of my office! If anyone cared. 

Aurelia is getting to be so busy. She want to get into anything she can reach.  I set her down in front of the play kitchen one day and she played happily for a long time just digging things out. 


The other night I made Chicken Tikka Masala (Indian). I don't know why I've never done it before. 
look at the amount of spices! :P

So. Good. 

It's crazy how flavors and smells have connections to your memory. But, this tasted and smelled very authentic and brought back memories. :)


We pulled out the swing. Aurelia loved it. 




I love this picture because Gideon is running in the background.

:)

looking pretty and springy 

Sunday the 7th, we had a singing in the evening. We took Gideon out to the Braker's and then went out to eat before the singing. 


Monday, I sang at a funeral at church. 

Gideon and Daddy matched! 
hehe

My Magnolia tree bloomed this year and it was gorgeous. 

One beautiful warm day we took a walk to the park. 

I've got such cool kids. hehe

Aurelia spent most of the time trying to eat sticks and leaves.

:) I love warm weather.

Goodfield park is really nice. There is so much open space. 

Can you see Gideon?


Gideon walked the whole way home carrying a stick. 





One afternoon we made muffins. 

He already knows what to do. 

Eeee! :)


Another day, another walk. Gideon decided our trash can needed to go with us...

And then this happened. She pulled herself up.
she's only 6 months!

Sigh. Gone are the days of being able to plop her down with some toys. Now she's trying to pull up on things or wiggle-scoot her way over to things she shouldn't have. 


On an evening walk, we went past the fire station. They had all of the doors open and had pulled a truck out for inspections.  One of the men let Gideon get up on the fire truck. 

He was nervous but very happy.

All by herself! hehehe so short. 


Never leave this girl for a second...

Friday the 12th, we hosted a support group for foster/adoptive/safe families from church. There were a few more experienced couples, some in the midst of dealing with new kids, and some of us who are still open and waiting. It was a great evening of sharing. 

Saturday,  we cleaned up from that and started prepping for more company on Sunday. Troy came over for a while and played with the kids. 

such a catch :)  hehe

3 large lasagnas :)

shes getting too big

caught! hehe

Saturday evening, we went to Communion. I thought Aurelia would be fine to take with us. Well. She decided she was very happy. She sang and buzzed her lips so loudly, that even while I was out in the hall, they could hear her in the sanctuary. Oops.  It was still a really nice evening. Just not quite as solemn as some. 

And then Sunday....I'm not sure if Spring forgot or what...
Snow on Palm Sunday.

What month is it anyway?


The Brakers came over in the afternoon. The guys played games. 


meals get pretty crowded these days


watching Glen's pictures from their trip to Israel

The kids enjoyed watching a video of Grandpa riding a camel. It was amusing. :)



And that brings us up to mid-April. :) There is yet more to come. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: